Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

06.19.20_We're taking the 15% Pledge.png

[[UPDATE 1/6/23: Please join us in welcoming a another new-to-Sephora Black-Owned Brand, Ami Colé! Founder Diarrha N’Diaye sought to fill a gap in the makeup space by creating complexion products suited for melanin-rich skin. Created with this in mind, Ami Colé products celebrate deeper skin tones and are good for your skin with nourishing ingredients that are Clean at Sephora. Shout out to @NatashaTendai@Nenepink@meghan504@TamaraJMorris@JleeWins@ZooLife@YANZTHEFIRST@tjm1992, and @Kiatch, who had all mentioned the brand previously in this thread! Learn more about the brand and browse the products on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and read the latest updates on the steps Sephora is taking to champion diversity and inclusion beyond the 15 Percent Pledge: https://www.inside-sephora.com/en/usa/diversity-equity-inclusion]]

We recognize how important it is to represent Black businesses and communities, and we must do better. 

You may have seen in Summer 2020 that Sephora partnered with designer Aurora James to take the 15% Pledge. The 15% Pledge is James’ nonprofit calling on retailers (like Sephora) to dedicate 15% of shelf space to Black-owned brands. Why 15%? As explained on the 15% Pledge website, “Black people in the U.S. make up nearly 15% of the population. So, we are calling on major retailers to commit a minimum of 15% of their shelf to Black-owned businesses.” We are so excited to be the first retailer to take the pledge and are looking forward to seeing others join us in the 15% Pledge. Next, we want to hear from you!*

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? Be sure to let us know your favorite product(s), what makes this brand unique, etc. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support. We look forward to learning from you!

*We will not be able to guarantee these brands join our Sephora brand roster, but we value your expertise as individual beauty lovers who shop outside of Sephora and our brands. Black-owned brands interested in partnering with Sephora can apply through RangeMe.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 8/24]

I want to see Queen Mary Beauty Cosmetics at seporah

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 8/24]

Queen Mary Beauty Cosmetics  really nice lipgloss  that comes in different shades. They’re  very moisturizing and non sticky,  It’s  not too thick or thin it’s just right.

KLUR. 
KLUR. 

KLUR. 

KLUR. 
KLUR. 

KLUR. 

KLUR. 
KLUR. 

KLUR. 

🙏

❤️We'd love to see the luxe pre-tied & satin-lined turbans from LozaTam.com (@loza_tam) 

• The turbans are satin-lined to protect your hair
  • Pre-tied so you don't have to tie them 
  • Stylish enough to be worn outside of the home 

Loza Tam's Turbans are great to wear to protect your hair when you need to look & feel amazing at a moment's notice or deep condition on the go! 

Loza Tam Luxe Head Wraps For Curly Hair For WomenLoza Tam Luxe Head Wraps For Curly Hair For WomenLoza Tam Midnight Blue Turban Head WrapLoza Tam Midnight Blue Turban Head WrapLoza Tam Carnation Pink Satin-Lined TurbanLoza Tam Carnation Pink Satin-Lined Turban

Black owned brand I would like to see at Sephora would be India royale cosmetics 😍🤎

I would like to have the lip bar products on the shelve . 

I’d love to see #AJCrimson #primebeauty #colouredraine added to shelves! Oh and #AceBeauty

MENTED!!!!!! their lipsticks are perfect nudes for us!!!

Phytosurgence! Juvia's place! Ami Nicole, Beauty Bakerie, Dose of Colors

Dose isn’t black owned 

Black Opal! Black Opal True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation is so good! If you guys carried Truly Topaz in it, it will make my life easier!

Tansy Fantasy!

Absolute quality and care, it's wonderful. Fatim, the owner/maker, is so intentional and knowledgeable, look up Tansy Fantasy on IG! @tansyfantasy

I would love to see The Lip Bar 💋 and Coloured Rain at Sephora!

I am in full agreement. I love The Lipbar and Black Opal.

Not relevant to me, I'm in need of fair skin products, for women over 50

Firstly, don't derail this thread to discuss something completely irrelevant. You could have said nothing, @Sterlingbeauty if it wasn't for you!! It's actual really disrespectful and racist, given that the beauty community is not inclusive. Not everything needs to be geared toward fair skinned people. 

Secondly, the idea that Black-owned brands aren't offering products for fair skinned people is not true? Some of the most inclusive shade ranges, including at the lighter end, come from Black-owned brands. 

If you're having trouble finding products for you, there's other threads to post about it in the BIC, but don't bring it here. 

Do not bring that negativity to this thread.  You knew what the post was about.  There are other threads for your preferences out there.  DO NOT try to bring down what Sephora is trying to do for ALL customers of DIFFERENT skin types and most importantly SKIN TONES.  Beauty is everywhere and everyone.  If anyone does not like my post and use of caps, oh well.  Tired of micro aggressive people always trying to stop positive progress that would benefit others.

@Sterlingbeauty This is a page talking about which Black-owned brands you would like at Sephora....If you need advice on products for your skin, I recommend going to other pages and Sephora Community groups like "Skincare aware", "Makeup is life", "Age Defiers"....

Yeah, we go need more than 15%

Buttah by Dorion Renaud.

testing