Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

06.19.20_We're taking the 15% Pledge.png

[[UPDATE 1/6/23: Please join us in welcoming a another new-to-Sephora Black-Owned Brand, Ami Colé! Founder Diarrha N’Diaye sought to fill a gap in the makeup space by creating complexion products suited for melanin-rich skin. Created with this in mind, Ami Colé products celebrate deeper skin tones and are good for your skin with nourishing ingredients that are Clean at Sephora. Shout out to @NatashaTendai@Nenepink@meghan504@TamaraJMorris@JleeWins@ZooLife@YANZTHEFIRST@tjm1992, and @Kiatch, who had all mentioned the brand previously in this thread! Learn more about the brand and browse the products on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and read the latest updates on the steps Sephora is taking to champion diversity and inclusion beyond the 15 Percent Pledge: https://www.inside-sephora.com/en/usa/diversity-equity-inclusion]]

We recognize how important it is to represent Black businesses and communities, and we must do better. 

You may have seen in Summer 2020 that Sephora partnered with designer Aurora James to take the 15% Pledge. The 15% Pledge is James’ nonprofit calling on retailers (like Sephora) to dedicate 15% of shelf space to Black-owned brands. Why 15%? As explained on the 15% Pledge website, “Black people in the U.S. make up nearly 15% of the population. So, we are calling on major retailers to commit a minimum of 15% of their shelf to Black-owned businesses.” We are so excited to be the first retailer to take the pledge and are looking forward to seeing others join us in the 15% Pledge. Next, we want to hear from you!*

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? Be sure to let us know your favorite product(s), what makes this brand unique, etc. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support. We look forward to learning from you!

*We will not be able to guarantee these brands join our Sephora brand roster, but we value your expertise as individual beauty lovers who shop outside of Sephora and our brands. Black-owned brands interested in partnering with Sephora can apply through RangeMe.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 4/20]

Juvia's place

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 4/20]

I love Juvia’s place!! 🙂

Mented!  It’s an incredible makeup line.  The foundation is phenomenal.  I am 60 years old with 21 year old twins, and yet we all use the same foundation formulation.  It doesn’t age me, and it’s note heavy .  It compliments my skin and gives me  natural coverage.  

Yes yes! The mented lipgloss is the best! Wish they had just one shade last lighter for foundation. 

Hyper C and Epara

Juvia’s Place and Beauty Bakerie!

Yessss Beauty Bakerie!!!

Black Girl Sunscreen!

Mented Cosmetics!!

Range Beauty 

I would love to see such more clean cruelty-free & vegan plant based hair/beauty products from such black owned brands like Black Radiance, Black Opal, Mented, Coloured Raine, Pattern Beauty by Tracee Ellis Ross, Dehiya Beauty, Ace Beaute, Lamik Beauty, Janet and Jo.,Vernon François, Base Butter, Unsun Cosmetics 

Wow I didn’t know Traci Ellis Ross had a hair/beauty product! 

54 Thrones- Nejma Balancing Night Oil

Mary Louise Cosmetics- Miracle Serum

Melanin Haircare

Black Girl Sunscreen

Hyper Skin

Base Butter 

Iyoba Handmade

Amenda Beauty

Lip Bar

Mink Hair

MI &MY

Im LOVING Briogeo, Fenty highlighters and her lip gloss that guarantees juicy lips and it did not disappoint! I am excited to try LYS brand soon. I Would like to see Alicia Keyes skincare line and perhaps Forvr Mood there brands have a luxurious feel to them

ESSIECARE 😍

I’d love to see Sephora add black-owned niche home fragrance brands to your lineup. (More candles please!) There are so many being talked about right now. For example, LA BOTICÁ NYC. I already love the minimalist packaging of their sustainably crafted, hand poured, vegan, clean-burning luxury candles. The brand donates a percentage of profits to a non-profit that serves underprivileged children in the Dominican Republic too!

Black radiance products 

I would like to see Beauty Bakerie. I have an eyeshadow palette from them, the quality is excellent and I would love to buy more!

testing