Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/6/23]

06.19.20_We're taking the 15% Pledge.png

[[UPDATE 1/6/23: Please join us in welcoming a another new-to-Sephora Black-Owned Brand, Ami Colé! Founder Diarrha N’Diaye sought to fill a gap in the makeup space by creating complexion products suited for melanin-rich skin. Created with this in mind, Ami Colé products celebrate deeper skin tones and are good for your skin with nourishing ingredients that are Clean at Sephora. Shout out to @NatashaTendai@Nenepink@meghan504@TamaraJMorris@JleeWins@ZooLife@YANZTHEFIRST@tjm1992, and @Kiatch, who had all mentioned the brand previously in this thread! Learn more about the brand and browse the products on our Black-Owned-Beauty Guide, and read the latest updates on the steps Sephora is taking to champion diversity and inclusion beyond the 15 Percent Pledge: https://www.inside-sephora.com/en/usa/diversity-equity-inclusion]]

We recognize how important it is to represent Black businesses and communities, and we must do better. 

You may have seen in Summer 2020 that Sephora partnered with designer Aurora James to take the 15% Pledge. The 15% Pledge is James’ nonprofit calling on retailers (like Sephora) to dedicate 15% of shelf space to Black-owned brands. Why 15%? As explained on the 15% Pledge website, “Black people in the U.S. make up nearly 15% of the population. So, we are calling on major retailers to commit a minimum of 15% of their shelf to Black-owned businesses.” We are so excited to be the first retailer to take the pledge and are looking forward to seeing others join us in the 15% Pledge. Next, we want to hear from you!*

Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? Be sure to let us know your favorite product(s), what makes this brand unique, etc. 

Thank you in advance for your guidance and support. We look forward to learning from you!

*We will not be able to guarantee these brands join our Sephora brand roster, but we value your expertise as individual beauty lovers who shop outside of Sephora and our brands. Black-owned brands interested in partnering with Sephora can apply through RangeMe.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/29]

@SephoraBIC , definitely thrilled to see Danessa, Qhemet and Lys here.  I really do get hyped from seeing the additions, please keep expanding!  I'm still crossing my fingers for Uoma Beauty.

Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/29]

Yes!!!!!

I’m so happy Danessa is now in Sephora, I just recently learned of her and am glad to support her. She is kind and responds to questions about her product!

Excited! Thank you. Can't wait to try everything from the new BIOPIC Brands!

@SephoraBIC  Thank you for bringing her products to Sephora and for letting us know! 🤗💕

@SephoraBIC  Hooray! 😍 Thanks for the heads-up, and for bringing Danessa aboard! 

@SephoraBIC  This is fantastic! Thanks so much!

@SephoraBIC Wonderful!  I'm so glad her brand is now at Sephora!!!

LOVE TO SEE IT!! Danessa is a powerhouse! 

It would be great to see juvias place! 

I would love to see mented cosmetics, melanin hair care, and Qhemet. However, I'd also like to see some of the ones that are available in the US Sephora locations ( like Qhemet) available at other Sephora locations. I'm in Canada and we have very few BIPOC owned brands here,  in general but even moreso in comparison to the US. 

Two things difficult regarding the LYS launch

1. The shade finder needs to be fixed. If I have to go to the brand's page to use their match tools, I'm, probably, buying from them instead of Sephora. Being able to cross reference new brands is important. Not being able to find my shade means I can't buy the product which means the "first Black owned clean beauty brand" doesn't get purchased because I have nothing to compare it to. Sephora has the ability to correct that. 

2.) Knowing that this brand won't be available in overseas stores because we're not the target audience, how do we get it shipped? I'm excited to try the product but it doesn't seem like they'll be available to me. I'm APO and can't seem to get it.

And, regarding a separate brand, there's a Black owned cushion brand here in Korea. Dr. Gio is the first Black K- Beauty brand!

Yes! Correct the shade finder- do better & set up for success for sales. If sales fall flat or stagnate this will be primary reason & will misrepresent the ROI which wld mean the brand would be dropped because it would erroneously appear theres lack of interest 

Fix the shade finder

If you shop from the site there giving 10% off to sign up for emails.

It looks like that's what I'll need to do. My main thing is whether or not I can get it shipped here. Sephora being able to ship the primer but not the foundation is a tad odd but so are shipping restrictions I guess. If I'm able to ship them from the brand, that will be more odd.

UOMA BEAUTY

Love Briogeo Hair Care!!! I have ethnic frizzy waves and my son has biracial curls. I buy the products for both of us.  Love the clean shampoo and conditioners and love the curl products. The curl gel is the only one I'v ever used that truly tames my frizz!

I’d like to see brands like Flora & Noor - Black Owned Skincare Brand , it’s vegan, halal, and cruelty free and you rarely see that especially being halal as well. It’s definitely the most inclusive brand out there 

Some brands are plant-based only/vegan, so technically also halal. 

Playing In Makeup By Yolondo is a brand that I and I know many others would love see to come to Sephora.  She has the most gorgeous products I have ever seen and the pigmentation and quality is amazing.  She is such a caring, compassionate and wonderful businesswoman and she deserves to be in Sephora.  You can find her page on Facebook Playing In Makeup By Yolondo LLC!  Be prepared to see some pure excellence.  Please bless her with this chance.  Her products, her drive, soul, love for god, her customers and her family all while creating those gorgeous products. She deserves it! #PlayingInMakeupByYolondoLLC @

Midas Cosmetics are an up-and-coming indie brand owned by a Black woman, and their products are aMAzing. I would love to see more small companies like that represented at Sephora.

testing