Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

Hey Deeper Hues! Has anyone tried these new bronzer/highlighter duo from Mented? Or even The Lipbar highlighter/blush duo? I was waiting until the Lip bar had the duos in Target, but then I saw Mented's new duo and want both!

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

I just received the LB highlighter duo. Have npt worn yet but swatched it. Will update once i use.

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

I've never heard of Lip Bar so I need to look into it (and INSIDE TARGET TOO ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ).  

Determined to try Mented though, especially after seeing one of the owners.  The duo looks lovely!

I've been looking at LipBar for a while now and I think their contour/ bronzer/ blush combos may be one of my first purchases. I also like their lippies but I'm still not confident in bright lip colors.

So if anyone loves Chantecaille I swatched their new fall shadow collection and I have a serious NEED

11AFF954-E43F-4E4A-A061-F991883770A6.jpeg

I've always wondered about this brand.  Thank you for sharing this @IttyxBittyxMe 

I'm a sucker for them now! Their skincare is amazing and their Future Skin foundation is amazing!

Those shades are beautiful @IttyxBittyxMe. Thanks for swa...

Those shades are beautiful @IttyxBittyxMe. Thanks for swatching the palette. It wasn't on my radar until now!

New Thread in the Deeper Shades Group...... Check it out ๐Ÿ˜‰

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Deeper-Shades/Color-Up-Close-with-Sephora-Panel-amp-NYC-Community-M...

I did see the announcement over the weekend about the new...

I did see the announcement over last weekend about the new group. My original thought was that new group would replace this thread and I felt disappointed at first. Our group has discussions and swatches of brands not featured in Sephora stores. In some way, it seemed like a lack of inclusion. I didn't want to feel odd or hindered from those same conversations within the new group. However, after seeing @ElleElleG's latest post and understanding her takeaways from the event I have a better understanding. Plus, the founder of Mented attended the event. Sephora wants the community to continue our conversations and felt darker hues need a better platform. Some brands may never launch into Sephora stores, but the message is every brand is welcome into the community for a discussion. Love that๐Ÿ’•

Re: I did see the announcement over the weekend about the new...

I'm glad I'm not the only one and I was happy to see us represented by someone within these threads. I was worried because I've given si much information and reassurance from here. It seems small but it is impactful and beautiful. 

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Ladies and gents there is group for deeper tones. Please feel free to start a thread

Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

How do we find it?

@HazelEyedQueen  Go to the Groups homepage; itโ€™s listed there, along with all other BIC groups. 

But hereโ€™s a direct link to the Deeper Shades group: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Deeper-Shades/bd-p/Deeper-Shades-tips

Hmm, maybe a mod should move this Deeper Hues thread to that group? ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Thanks for providing the link @WinglessOne 

Yes, this thread will be merged into the Deeper Shades group soon ๐Ÿ˜

@HazelEyedQueen @KNC24 

Ok Beauties, because of my stance towards he who shall not be named (Voldemort a.k.a J.S), I have gotten rid of quite a bit of makeup. Palettes, lippies, powders, highlighters, blush... I gave it all away. Well, now, I'm in a pigment jam. So, I had a good amount of Juvia's Place and Morphe product. These were items I swatched, watched, purchased and liked (of course with exceptions). Now that they're gone, I raise that it'll be a task to find pigmented shades to replace them simply because I can't walk into a store here and pick them up. It is not an exaggeration to say that a soft light brown would be considered pigmented here. Umbrellas are used for rain and sun ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜’. So, would anyone know of pigmented palettes like the Jaclyn Hill x Morphe, Morphe 35V, or Juvia's Place palettes. Being in that price range is a plus. I'm still mad I was giving the brands second chances just for them to act out after I spent my coint but before I used the products.

Colourpop has good eyeshadows that are pigmented for a re...

Colourpop has good eyeshadows that are pigmented for a reasonable price and tons of releases to provide choices. Makeup Forever also has great pigment. fewer palette options but you can build your own palette. Sephora's brand eyeshadows are another good choice. Good Luck with your search.

Hey @HazelEyedQueen. I'm sorry you're upset about the bra...

Hey @HazelEyedQueen. I'm sorry you're upset about the brands decisions, especially Juvis Place. Honestly, your older posts about JP made me consider purchasing her palettes. I still have them, but refuse to purchase anything else. The pigments for JP are sick and not many brands compare. Sydney Grace comes to mind or even Melt Cosmetics. The price points might be higher for Melt though.

Re: Hey @HazelEyedQueen. I'm sorry you're upset about the bra...

@HazelEyedQueen  I'm echoing @IndyQT317 as JP has made me second-guess purchasing from her with the recent shenanigans.

I'll have to brainstorm on additional brands!  

Re: Hey @HazelEyedQueen. I'm sorry you're upset about the bra...

@ElleElleG @IndyQT317 it's especially frustrating when you actually like the quality, performance, and price point of a brand but inclusion and respect are a must. I stopped considering GlamLight when the same thing occurred and they have some pretty attention grabbing palettes. 

Cross-posting from the MAC thread: I wandered into an Ulta tonight and swatched a bunch of the brand new Love Me lipstick shades. I had hoped the Love Me line would be MACโ€™s worthy replacement of the recently discontinued Liptensity line (which was FANTASTIC), but itโ€™s not at all. ๐Ÿ˜ž Love Me is much more like the Creamsheen line, but a bit more pigmented. Creamsheen and Amplifiedโ€™s baby, perhaps, but less boldly pigmented than Amplified. The shades all look nice and feel great on my arm, but I wonโ€™t be buying any. 

Ultaโ€™s overhead lighting.Ultaโ€™s overhead lighting.Held my arm near one of Ultaโ€™s fluorescent wall panel thingies for different lighting.Held my arm near one of Ultaโ€™s fluorescent wall panel thingies for different lighting.

testing