Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

That lippie!!! Seems so perfect for the fall time @HazelEyedQueen!

Best Wishes,

Janean

I think so as well. I want to wear it alone. Full face. No shadows. Just a beat base, accents and my Homicide lippie.

That red lipstick looks beautiful!! I love the heart swatch. 🙂

That is with one dip! It gave FULL coverage. It's really...

That is with one dip! It gave FULL coverage. It's really pretty. And thank you for liking the heart. I just wanted to see how pigmented it was.

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@HazelEyedQueen this palette has my name on it!! Thank you for the swatches.

I just realized that I gravitate towards these shades whe...

I just realized that I gravitate towards these shades when this one arrived. I have more muted palettes but these seem to be what grabs me.

I mean....they'd be smart to put you on their payroll @HazelEyedQueen  🤷🏽‍♀️

It would be nice but I think I'm too small. I'll just kee...

It would be nice but I think I'm too small. I'll just keep growing and being honest.

I see that a lot of people got the CR x Power memo and, like me, are waiting on their products to arrive. Did you all stop by the site and catch the sale that happened right before the new collection dropped? The Tropics Bundle is GORGEOUS! It definitely helped that, during a really rough week, my orders hit my mailbox. Coloured Raine Tropics BundleColoured Raine Tropics Bundle

Looking forward to the weekend.Looking forward to the weekend.

Those colors are so beautiful!!! Be still my makeup obsessed heart. 

It was, pretty much, an impulse buy and I don't regret it...

It was, pretty much, an impulse buy and I don't regret it. I saw them and thar they were on sale, waited a day to decide and grabbed them. The sale bundle is gone but I think the shades are still available.

Love the style of those brushes @HazelEyedQueen  and those swatches just took me out, go CR!

They do a beautiful job with their products.

They do a beautiful job with their products.

@HazelEyedQueen those brushes😍 what brand? where?

@HazelEyedQueen those brushes😍 what brand? where?

thank you @HazelEyedQueen

thank you @HazelEyedQueen

I purchased these through Amazon. They're Daxstar.. I'm I...

I purchased these through Amazon. They're Daxstar.. I'm I'n a FB group that does deals so I got them for $6.29 instead of $11.

Y'all, I noticed something. Does anyone else have both the Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts and ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Jackie Aina Eyeshadow Palette ? I swatch my products before wearing them, snap pictures, etc.. Well, once I started swatching I noticed similarities. Now, the JA x ABH palette is beautiful. I'm not returning it. But am I losing my mind? Of course, there are differences and they swatch differently (Coloured Raine creates these amazingly buttery shadows even in matte form). I'm still, looking forward to playing in the JA x ABH palette. Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts (L), JA x ABH JA palette (R)Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts (L), JA x ABH JA palette (R)

PicsArt_08-28-07.35.03.jpg

@HazelEyedQueen  Not only are these palettes similar but, to me, it looks like the Coloured Raine shadows swatched better. I’m trying not to let bias sway me here, but I’m familiar with how ABH shadows feel and perform—which is primarily why I’m passing on this new palette—and I know how some CR shadows perform, so I can imagine how these 2 palettes feel side by side. And I’d much rather work with the CR palette than ABH. 

Obligatory disclaimer: I’m not completely knocking ABH; their shadows aren’t generally terrible. I’d take an ABH palette over an Urban Decay palette any day. I just get better performance from some other brands’ shadows. I know ABH palettes have many fans, and I’m genuinely glad they’re happy with those palettes. 

Yes. I'll admit that these worked better than the normal...

Yes. I'll admit that these worked better than the normal ABH palettes; however, the mattes feel dry as they, normally, do and they will have fall out moreso than others. Even though I love CR, I try to stay unbiased and as honest as possible. They have amazing shades that outperform other brands. I'd, definitely, tell others that, if they gave the CR QoH palette they're good. Really, only a couple of the shades from JA x ABH were ones I didn't have. Now, ar the power release, I'm good.

That definitely looks like anyone who already has the Queen of Hearts palette can easily pass on the ABH if they're trying to save some coins @HazelEyedQueen. I don't have the Queen of Hearts palette, but I am not getting the ABH X JA just yet because I am on a palette no buy in 2019. I might get it this year if I redeem Ulta points during a 20% off sale, or I will wait until next year and hope it's still around. 

Yes. I waited until this last sale hit before I bought it...

Yes. I waited until this last sale hit before I bought it (JAxABH). The CR palette is on sale right now.

testing