Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

Thank you for sharing @WinglessOne. I've been thinking ab...

Thank you for sharing @WinglessOne. I've been thinking about the Coffee and Cigs shade. It seems perfect for fall. I did purchase the Mary J Blige lippie and was told the formula of these new lippies are the same as hers.

Re: Thank you for sharing @WinglessOne. I've been thinking ab...

@IndyQT317  Yep, the MJB lipstick was the first released shade of the Love Me line. There are 21 shades but I only swatched the ones that interested me. Coffee & Cigs is very pretty! If it was more opaque, I’d buy it. Even Shamelessly Vain, which is wonderfully vibrant, falls into the 75-85% opacity range and requires building up to get what you see on my arm. On a positive note, that’s good for folks who like buildable medium-to-almost-full coverage. 

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Thoughts?Screenshot_20190804-111821_Chrome.jpg

Btw the product page may be up on Sephora if you wanted to add it to your loves list. 

I want to buy this, but most of ABH palettes have an ingr...

I want to buy this, but most of ABH palettes have an ingredient I'm allergic to. I haven't read the ingredients yet, but hopeful I can wear it. The shades are pretty.

@ElleElleG I cannot tell from the swatches. I just know t...

@ElleElleG I cannot tell from the swatches. I just know the brand uses hydrogenated lecithin in their ingredients for majority of their eyeshadow palettes. It's been a consistent ingredient in all their releases since the Soft Glam palette. I just saw this week it's in Jackie's palette too 😕🙁. I want to support, but have to pass.

Re: @ElleElleG I cannot tell from the swatches. I just know t...

@IndyQT317 it says "hydrogenated lecithin" no less than 10x on the ingredients lists so good call. 

Re: I want to buy this, but most of ABH palettes have an ingr...

Oh no @IndyQT317Unidentified!! Are you able to tell from swatching if it'll irritate you or do uou have to actually apply it to your eyes? 

@ElleElleG  This is a hard pass for me. Having seen swatches, I know I can dupe each of those shades in better shadow formulas than ABH’s. I have no reason or urge to buy this palette. But I still hope anyone who does buy it ends up loving it. 🙂

Would love if you can share a dupe list @WinglessOne 

I just posted one that, definitely shares shade colors or close to. 

@ElleElleG  When I can swatch this new ABH palette in person (in-store, without buying it), then I’ll also do some comparison dupe swatches at home from my own collection. The dupes will most likely be Viseart, MUFE, and Pat McGrath shadows. Maybe also some Natasha Denona or Juvia’s shimmers/metallics. I like all those brands’ shadow formulas better than ABH’s. 🙂 

I'll be buying it. I'm hoping to me more impressed with i...

I'll be buying it. I'm hoping to me more impressed with it than the others that have come out recently. I just haven't been stopped in my tracks by eyeshadows lately.

Re: I'll be buying it. I'm hoping to me more impressed with i...

I've felt the same way @HazelEyedQueenUnidentified! Honestly I wasn't too excited about this either until I saw the video clips of it. The photos fell flat. 

Re: I'll be buying it. I'm hoping to me more impressed with i...

Absolutely. If it wasn't for the videos, I'd have moved on. I like J.A and ABH but ABH palettes can be frustrating with the kickback and ashy undertones. I have it in my basket, now. I'm just teeing to decide whether or not I want to wait until the 19th (20% off sale) to purchase with no guarantee it'll be in stock by then. 

Natasha Denona Sunrise swatches. I wish I’d taken photos yesterday when there was much more bright direct sunlight, but these from last week will do. 

Mattes are dry brush swatched. Metallics/shimmers are finger swatched: they wouldn’t cooperate with a dry brush and I didn’t feel like Fix+ing my swatch brush over and over that day. 😄 

ND Sunrise in my obnoxiously warm bathroom lighting.ND Sunrise in my obnoxiously warm bathroom lighting.ND Sunrise in slightly overcast daylight through a window.ND Sunrise in slightly overcast daylight through a window.

Can’t believe I haven’t used Sunrise on my eyes yet. I’ve been too exhausted most of this month to do much with any shadows. I didn’t swatch this palette over primer, which I’m sure would boost the lighter shades. Since ND shadows tend to be very soft, I wear most of them with a grippy primer; without one, ND shadows crease and transfer too much on me. Anyway, Sunrise is lovely. It’s the only palette I have in this color story: I’ve resisted buying similar palettes for years. I hope Natasha releases more “big” palettes in this size. I like these pan sizes and overall palette size, not to mention the price tag. 

RE: Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

I’d love to see this on, I’ve heard her stuff doesn’t swatch well but goes on beautifully

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

This newest beauty offer has two of Dior's deepest shades on the promo, 6N and 7N (I believe both are neutral tones). I have been curious about this foundation for a bit and now their primer has launched. Originally I was color matched to 5W, but I would consider this promo just to sample both items.

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@IndyQT317 I was considering this promo just for the primer. I’m currently on the hunt for a my foundation shade

If it’s the DIOR - Dior Forever 24h* Wear High Perfection Skin-Caring Matte Foundation,though it looks like the DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation, the HP lasted nicely (did settle in some lines though) but I HAD to return it because the color was so off. I was thinking I could make it work, but all the deep shades are either reallllyyy red or yellow, nothing in between.

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

More images

11 Replies
testing