Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Summer Complexion

Does anyone have multiple foundation colors for their skin? I go through three different shades throughout the year due to tanning and tan fading. Also, what's some good brands for foundations?

Summer Complexion

@Unapologeticall Yes I definitely go through different shades duringthe year. Its crazy...i used to stick with one color but now I know thatdoesn't work for me since I'm dark and have some hyperpigmentation. I'll use a lighter color in my center and a shade darker closer to my forehead,ears and chin. Or ill just use concealer in the center andblend and let my outer skin be my natural contrast. Right now I'm lovingToo FacedBorn This Way in cocoa and tirimisu, and Urban Decay Stay Naked in 80CG.

Re: Summer Complexion

@Unapologeticall  I totally go through 3-4 shades a year and some years not as much. I’ve changed it least 4 times this year. Sometimes my trick instead of doing a full foundation of I don’t have a perfect match is to use concealer and just spot conceal and blend it out to give my face the look that I’ve done the whole thing but I don’t. I also like to mix foundation shades and types to give my face the look I want. I like to add a little matte foundations to a more glowy foundation to tone it down a little. Right now my go to foundations are Sephora Collection Clean Glowing foundation rms beauty "Un" Cover-up Concealer 0 I don’t use shade 0 but I use this as my spot and under eye. It’s thick so it provides great coverage but it also shears out so I’m able to use it to make my face appear to be fully covered. 

I usually wear less coverage when it's hotter, so I go towards warm tones in powdered foundations like KVD Vegan Beauty Lock-It Powder Foundation Refills Tan-Deep 190 or Cover Fx G70.

For the rest of the year, I'll use my go to Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 320 .  I

@Unapologeticall There are a few brands that I mix to get the perfect color for my skin tone.  Too Faced and Charlotte Tilbury are the ones that come to mind.  The two brands that match perfectly with one color are Huda Beauty and Pat McGrath.  

@Unapologeticall @I love mixing my foundations for a custom finish. I usually have 3-5 I mix from. I love Charlotte Tilbury, La Mer, Nars for foundation but those brands just work with my skin tone and what I’m looking for in coverage 

Hi @Unapologeticall!

I usually use the same foundation color all year since my skin doesn't tan, but it's totally normal for people to use multiple foundations.  I do switch brands tho since I'm trying to find the best foundation that doesn't oxidize.

The foundation you use would depend on your skin type (oily, dry, normal, combo) and what coverage/finish you want.

I have oily skin so I use Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 1W1 Bone since it stays matte all day.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing