Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Olaplex

Has anybody tried olaplex with type 4 hair?? What was ur experience like 

Re: Olaplex

@baldbhaddiee  According to the Andre Walker hair typing system, I'm 4A with a bit of 3C here and there. I use Olaplex No. 3 when my coils can no longer hold their shape. I wash No. 3 out with a non-Olaplex shampoo and use a non-Olaplex conditioner, and my hair always snaps back into coily shape. 

I never use the entire (excluding salon-only) Olaplex system at once because, eh, my hair doesn't need the whole system in one go. I use No. 3 most often, but not during every wash—and I wash my hair just once every 1-2 weeks. Here are the other Olaplex products I occasionally use: 

• No. 4 shampoo - I use this maybe once every 1-2 months. I don't wash No. 3 out with this shampoo; instead, I use it without No. 3 when I notice my coils are starting to lose their shape. 
  • No. 5 conditioner - I sometimes use this after No. 4. It's not my favorite conditioner: not terrible (and man, have I tried some terrible conditioners), but missing the high emollience of my usual conditioners. Once my current bottle's done, I probably won't buy another one. 
  • No. 6 styling cream (disclosure: received my first full size bottle as gratis from Sephora) - I like this stuff, as long as I don't apply too much at once (it flakes A LOT when overapplied) and concentrate it on the last 1/3 of my strands. Figuring out how little to apply took some trial and error, but it's less than I thought I'd need. It doesn't give my hair shine/sheen and it's not the best smelling product, but it does reduce my frizz. I sometimes apply it to damp hair between washes. 
  • No 7 oil - I alternate between this and a different hair oil, though I don't use either very often. I especially like this one when I'm going to blow dry my hair (I always use a diffuser; I haven't straightened my hair in 20 years). A very small amount of this oil goes a long way, especially when used on damp (not dripping wet) hair. 

I have 3B/3C hair and recently tried the olaplex holiday kit that comes with 3,4,5, and 6. I love the smell of the shampoo conditioner and leave in. My favorite product so far is the leave on I’ve used it on wash days when I haven’t used other olaplex products. Can’t say my hair is stronger or repaired yet but it definitely was very moisturized. For reference I don’t have any color in my hair or have had any damage from relaxers or perms. My damage is caused by heat and the environment and laziness.

Hi, like many of us I have a multi-textured hair that spans 3 & 4. I've been using Olaxplex for 5 years since I've been coloring (bleaching) and my stylist uses no. 2 & 3 when doing my color. I think it works well. I use the whole line maybe once a month or 6/7 weeks. For context, depending on what I'm up to I wash my hair as much as weekly or go 2/3 weeks. I don't use the shampoo & cond weekly bc it makes my hair hard with the protein over load. I still use no. 0 + 1 even if im using another shamp + cond. A lot of words but hope this helps.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing