Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

My skin but better

I have an oily t-zone, and ance prone skin, im newish to makeup and im looking for a my skin but better look (anti matte), tinted moisturizer (w/spf is a plus), primer, blush, and maybe concealer. I also want to get into eyeliner, im completely new to that so idk if i should use felt tips or the other kind, please help!

Tags:

Re: My skin but better

@bevslol since you're pretty new but you did provide some info about your skintype, let me ask this first: do you have a basic skincare routine?  Taking care of your skin is going to help make your skin look and feel better and therefore allow your makeup to look better as well.

Also, since it sounds like you're just getting started, don't feel like you HAVE to start out with high-end products.  There's nothing wrong with starting out at the drugstore for some basics and then dabbling into high-end as you figure out what you like and what your preferences really are!  The drugstore has some great tinted moisturizers from Wet'n'Wild, Essence, Catrice, Nyx, or Colourpop if you want to start off on the affordable side and the drugstore offers a lot of really great primers as well (even ones with SPF since you mentioned that).  Remember, though, don't rely on your makeup to be your SPF; you need a dedicated one.  

As far as eyeliner, Nyx and Colourpop make some great options at a good price and in a variety of formulas: pencil, gel, brush tip, AND felt tip which is great because at that price you can afford to pick up a few different ones to try out and figure out what you really like.  *Personal opinion: I prefer a retractable gel liner for colors and a brush tip for black/brown because I feel like it's easier for me to control.

For blush you might think about if you want powder or cream and concealer is a tough one because it depends on what kind of coverage and finish you want and EVERYONE will have very different experiences and opinions.

I know that I didn't really narrow down specific products for you but if you have more thoughts or preferences feel free to voice them and no doubt there are plenty of people around here who will be happy to give you more targeted suggestions once we know more about what you want ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing