Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Holy grail products for richer tones

I want to create this thread for those of us that have found products that are holy grail products for richer tones. It can be anything from foundation, lipgloss, skincare, and etc. our skin has different needs and concerns. So this thread can help others with recommendations. For a good nude gloss, you can’t go wrong with much butter gloss in praline. It’s my favorite. It’s about $5.

Re: Holy grail products for richer tones

If you like full coverage foundation, I am currently using Huda Beauty Faux Filter in Cinnamon.  I love the coverage and the color matches my skin perfectly.  I have to color correct or use two different colors in many foundations but I am pleased with this brand (specifically for full-coverage).

Fenty 🙌🏽

Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for a color deep en...

Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for a color deep enough to contour with!

I agree with the Fenty, Uoma, and Mented brands being mentioned. But I cannot go without mentioning Coloured Raine. Their entire line is gorgeous on deeper skin. I love the Beauty Bakerie flour powders. I keep them in my collection.

I'm going to of course say, Fenty. Even if both foundations aren't your flavor, the shade range is great.  Then there are their bronzers and Killawatts.  Trophy wife looks great on deeper tones, and if gold isn't your thing then some of the pink/goldish tones will definitely work.  Oh, and their gloss bombs.

I haven't tried it, but Mented and Uoma Beauty also seem to be very complimentary for deep tones as well.  @HazelEyedQueen can attest to Mented. @IttyxBittyxMe can likely speak to Uoma.

I agree! @danielledanielle I love Fenty Soft Matte foundation and my holy grail highlight is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Ginger Binge/ Moscow Mule It is my absolute favorite! 

Both Mented & Uoma are in my collection. I am in love wit...

Both Mented & Uoma are in my collection. I am in love with the Uoma concealer. I am having a hard time not getting more because I stopped using my others when I had them and need to get through those.

@KNC24  Hmm, this is kinda tricky since there’s such a wide range of richer skin tones. Right now, only one thing springs to mind: 

I have never been able to wear the original NARS - Blush - Orgasm shade. On my skin, Orgasm just looks like gold shimmer; you can’t see the pink flush at all. 😡 But what does work amazingly well is the shade Outlaw: it’s everything on deep skin tones that Orgasm should be. I’ve loved it for a couple years now. 

NARS recently released 10 new blush shades, and one of them is Orgasm X which looks like it might have a chance on my skin tone. Gonna swatch it in person when I can! 

YES, that lipgloss is amazing. Hmm some holy grail products for deep skin tones would be, Too Faced lipstick in the shade girl code, Huda Beauty baking powders, specifically cinnamon and kunafa and Nars wanted cheek palettes!

HUDA BEAUTY Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder Cinnamon Bun

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
testing