Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair

What are some of your guys’ favorite dry shampoos that don’t leave that white powder dandruff looking residue? I like R+Co dry shampoo mist, but I’d like to try a couple others!

Re: Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair

I've been using the Pearlescence Coconut Rose Dry Shampoo that I got at Winners and I love it - smells spectacular and works wonders at absorbing oil. I've also been enjoying the Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo. Neither of these leave any white cast on my straight dark hair @ray123 

@ray123 I have jet black hair and use DryBar Dry shampoo and have never had an issue with white powder residue.  

RE: Re: Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair

Thank you! Are there any dry shampoos you’ve tried that I should steer clear of?

@ray123 @Of all the ones I’ve tried, I still always go back to the Bastiste dark brown one! I think that one is truly the best

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you know if it shows up as brown on black hair or is it pretty difficult to notice?

Re: RE: Re: Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair

@ray123 I've used the batiste for brunettes and it isn't noticable in my roots (I'm asian if that helps with a color reference). One thing with the batiste one is that when you run your fingers through your hair you may notice the brown powder under your fingernails - I end up washing my hands a lot when I used it.

I actually prefered using the original batiste (which is white) and just shaking it out through my hair until you couldn't see it anymore.

@ray123  I use Redken Invisible Dry Shampoo. It’s truly invisible, non-sticky (doesn’t feel like I bombed my hair with stiff hairspray), and fragrance free. I know most folks like fragrance in hair products and I’m not completely against it, but most dry shampoos contain waaaay too much of it for my sinuses and trigger-happy migraines. Plus, this shampoo doesn’t compete with any fragrance I wear elsewhere. Best of all, it’s easy to hand-work through my coils. I especially like to apply it right before my sweatier workouts. 

I recently tried amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo 1 oz/ 44 mL and, eh, it’s growing on me. The scent’s not as persistently strong as I feared it’d be, and it’s invisible. Not as easy to work through my hair as the Redken shampoo, though. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll definitely have to try this. I like the idea of having a fragrance free dry shampoo. Are there any you’ve tried that do leave a white residue that I should stay away from?

@ray123 @Oribe dry shampoo and texturizing spray 

I don't use dry shampoos because I thought they would dry my already dry-hair, dry. I need the oils that my hair produces to keep it moist but it seems to only sit on the roots and not the hair. Any suggestions with what I can use instead of wetting my hair everyday in the shower?

Have you heard of the R+Co dry mist spray? That’s a dry shampoo that I’ve used that comes in a mist/spray form so there’s so powder of any kind that would soak up all your oils. I personally feel like it’s less drying, otherwise I know Ouai has a dry shampoo mouse instead of a powder. I haven’t tried it myself, but that could be another option to look into?

Hi @ray123!

I use Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo Mini 1.8 oz/ 53 mL on my black hair (or roots).

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing