Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

user search

Have any of you tried the new "User Search" button?  I think it's awful that our real names appear!  What happened to privacy and the fact that we have user names? I hope this one gets discontinued fast!

I just looked around for a minute and I didn't see it any...

I just looked around for a minute and I didn't see it anywhere.  I don't like the idea of it though and I agree with you. 

It's a box on the Lounge page, right hand side. Type in y...

It's a box on the Lounge page, right hand side. Type in your user name and it comes up with your real name. EEK! I'm not using the beta version, it's on the regular old version.

Re: I just looked around for a minute and I didn't see it any...

Ok I see it. Yeah, not cool! I've given my name and address and such to several of you but I'd like to choose!

Re: I just looked around for a minute and I didn't see it any...

Exactly! I think an advice site should offer us some privacy, there is enough of our private information out on the web that we shouldn't have to give up more just to participate.

What's this?!! I really don't like that at all -- it seem...

What's this?!! I really don't like that at all -- it seems like a violation of privacy (unless it was in the TOS somewhere? I never read the fine print). Is it a feature of the new site? It still looks like the regular one to me...

Re: What's this?!! I really don't like that at all -- it seem...

It's a box on the Lounge page, right hand side. Type in your user name and it comes up with your real name. EEK! I'm not using the beta version, it's on the regular old version.

I don't see it anywhere.. but I'm not sure how I feel abo...

I don't see it anywhere.. but I'm not sure how I feel about that.
It's pretty easy to guess my real name. Smiley Happy

Re: I don't see it anywhere.. but I'm not sure how I feel abo...

I found it! OMG. Can you guys see my e-mail address too? How do we hide this info??????

I can't see your email address, thank goodness! But wow, was I shocked!

Phew! Though I'm not too fond of my last name being out there either, even if my name is common.

Hi prettyinpa and lowrah! I did see that this comes up when doing a search and saw that even my own full name comes up on my personal account.. I'm awaiting a response to see what other ways we have around this so I can update you all. Smiley Happy
Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

@Diana: Thanks for the clarification -- but the last name...

@Diana: Thanks for the clarification -- but the last names of other users (just the random ones I typed in) are visible. Is there any way to avoid this? Thank you! Smiley Happy

I changed my Privacy Settings under Preferences and then...

I changed my Privacy Settings under Preferences and then searched while logged out. That removes your name.

Re: I changed my Privacy Settings under Preferences and then...

Hugs to you! That did it! My heartfelt thanks from an older computer illiterate!

Re: I changed my Privacy Settings under Preferences and then...

Thank you Lowrah for clarifying and explaining this to us all! Even us moderators were a bit stumped at first. Smiley Wink
Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Add me to the list!  Is there anyway to complain about it?

Add me to the list!  Is there anyway to complain about it?

Re: Add me to the list!  Is there anyway to complain about it?

Not a fan! I completely agree with "prettyinpa".

Hello everyone, just as an FYI and to follow up with what...

Hello everyone, just as an FYI and to follow up with what lowrah found, you do need to go to your privacy settings and update the visibility of your account information to have your name not appear under your profile with the location. So sorry for the inconvenience and I have forwarded the feedback regarding security, etc. to our higher ups. Smiley Happy

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Thanks for telling me! Off to go fix this!

Thanks for telling me! Off to go fix this! 

THANK YOU for reporting this! We found and fixed the prob...

prettyinpa wrote:

Have any of you tried the new "User Search" button?  I think it's awful that our real names appear!  What happened to privacy and the fact that we have user names? I hope this one gets discontinued fast!

THANK YOU for reporting this! We found and fixed the problem here so now only your nickname, title, registration date, and number of posts will appear.

XO,
Olivia
21 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 45 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors