Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

transcipt of my live chat with sephora that was disconnected bc they won't fulfill order

Jenifer: only part of my order was delivered today but the order indicates the whole thing is deliveredi'm still looking for the hairdryer Asti: I can definitely assist you with that.T3 Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer was out of stock. We have credited the funds back to your account. I apologize for that. Jenifer: What?????i checked earlier this week & was told it was en route bc i ordered before it was out i've gone without a dryer for a WEEK believing this way on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Asti: I am really sorry Jennifer. Jenifer: there has been NO COMMUNICATION that the hairdryer was not being shipped!!!!thank you for your sympathy/apology but that is not enoughi have been expecting the delivery ~ was told it was en route this is UNACCEPTABLE Asti: I can give you 250 points for the inconvenience. Jenifer: NO Asti: It went out of stock. Jenifer: NOT good enoughti ordered when it was still in stocki am without a hairdryer & have beenfor over a week i demand a hairdryer Asti: I could replace the order for you but it may get cancelled again. Jenifer: i was not informed it was not arriving send me one in stocka different t3 Asti: We send an e-mail when it is out of stock. You unsubscribed for all communications from Sephora so you didn't get the e-mail. Jenifer: i got a confirmation email that it was delivered ~ i tracked it via that email today i havereceived NO email that it was not being delivered Asti: That is an order confirmation e-mail. Jenifer: send me a hairdryeras expected thank you Asti: I can reorder the hairdryer but it may get cancelled again. Is that ok? Jenifer: no send one in stock as the one i ordered was when i placed the order Asti: I will be lying to you if I said I can guarantee that you will get it. Jenifer: this is very bad business Asti: I am trying my best to help you. Jenifer: i am shocked and beyonddisappointed and angry - i will not shop with this business again & will write as many negative reviews as possible Asti: I can re-order it for you. If it gets cancelled, you will get an e-mail. Jenifer: notacceptable i have no hairdryer ~
Tags:

To be quite honest, this sounds like one of those robot C...

To be quite honest, this sounds like one of those robot CS chats. the fact you had to ask her several times to send you a hairdrier, any hairdrier, that was in stock and she kept asking you if you wanted her to reorder the same one....I worked in CS, in person and in a call center, for 10 years, I would just say, that's not how you talked to customers. if she was a real person (and maybe she is, idk) she should have clarified she could/couldn't order this or that hairdrier.

Re: transcipt of my live chat with sephora that was disconnected bc they won't fulfill order

Poor Sephora cs. I understand your frustration, however there has to be a limit as to how much you can take it on these people. I suspect other bigger frustrations need to be addressed here, and they have nothing to do with sephora..

Re: transcipt of my live chat with sephora that was disconnected bc they won't fulfill order

It's a bummer to order something and discover it's out of stock, but it's straight up unreasonable to bully a CS Rep into doing something that's not possible. 

RE: transcipt of my live chat with sephora that was disconnected bc they won't fulfill order

As someone who has worked in customer service at other places the CS rep did exactly as she would have been instructed to do. It sucks that your dryer was out of stock, but CS reps can't just do whatever they want. There are rules that they have to follow and she offered to do everything in her power to help you. If you can't accept that then you need to readjust your expectations.

It is unfortunate that your dryer was OOS and got removed from your order, but I feel so sorry for Asti. I have had her assist me several times through chat, and she has always been extremely helpful. In fact, I think she is the MOST helpful out of all the ones I've interacted with.

I applaud her for keeping her cool for so long. She tried to help you resolve it to the best of her ability and she was honest. Thank you for enlightening me on the things CS has to deal with, because my goodness...

Anonymous Insider

I feel so sorry for that customer service representative,...

I feel so sorry for that customer service representative, oh my gosh.

Yikes. To be honest, I mostly feel bad for the customer service gal. I totally get why you were frustrated and agree that you should have been notified that it was out of stock, but it wasn't this poor girl's fault and I feel like she was doing everything she could and being super apologetic and accommodating. Again, your frustration was valid, but it looks to me like you took way too much of your frustration out on her. 😕

Hi @JeniferJuniper, I'm sorry to hear this! I took a look and am glad to see that it looks like this has been resolved and a new dryer is now on its way to you.

Perhaps you could ask that they offer you an alternative at the same spec and honour the price of the one that didn't arrive. Maybe a different colour if same model even?  I was going to buy it myself but by the time pay day rolled around that'd gone oos. It was a great deal, I'd be disappointed too. 

Alternatively they could call down to the warehouse that your orders are filled from, ensure there is stock on the shelf, put it aside for you and the place your order and  Call the warehouse back and tell them to use the one they put aside in that order number. I've done that a few times over my career when we messed up our orders. 

You will I'll also get more help from support if they feel they can help you. Be flexible and willing to work with them. You catch more butterflies with honey than you do with vinegar 😉 

Best of luck.

thank you ~ that is good advice but i have to say that i feel like i was nice considering ~ i ordered the product, contacted them a few days ago to confim it was en route, received a confirmation of delivery email (didn't open the details until after realizing the order was incomplete), was accused of being sent a communicaton that i never received that informed me the product was out of stock --- considering all of this i think i was polite. 

but yes, i think the live chat is not the best form of communication & problem resolution

@JeniferJuniper  I'm so sorry to hear you had such a frustrating and disappointing experience. 😞

Maybe one of the mods here can help you?  @KatieBT @MaliBT @candacebt @StephanieBT

@JeniferJuniper - adding on to what @Tamara76 has said - I've had better customer service when I try calling or contacting Sephora through their Facebook page.  Using the chat doesn't seem to work as well, in my experience. Good luck, and I'm so sorry this has been so frustrating! 😞

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 92 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing