Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

tip the makeup artist?

I received a VIB offer for a complimentary 45 minute makeup session with an artist.  I've heard they don't work on commission, so I'm wondering if I should tip her?  I've never seen anyone else tip them in the stores but I don't want to commit a faux pas! 

You are not allowed to tip the makeup artists for some re...

You are not allowed to tip the makeup artists for some reason. When I got my makeup done for prom, my makeup artist told me that they dont accept tips, but they really appreciate it if you go online and fill out their survey. I know, I thought it was weird too lol, I really wanted to tip my artist because she did such a great job! 

LexiKaye<3

Hi bickey,   It is usually not custom to tip a makeup art...

Hi bickey,

It is usually not custom to tip a makeup artist who works for a specific store or counter. However if you hire an independent makeup artist then I would definitely recommend tipping.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

I've worked cosmetics retail before and at the company/bu...

I've worked cosmetics retail before and at the company/business that I worked for it was by company rule that customers did not have to tip/employees (outside of salon workers) could not recieve tips.

After many occassions of being questioned by clients/customers I did inquire with my manager at the time who told me "use your best judgement" and that she had no issue with me receiving tips or any of her employees for receiving a tip for doing a great job at customer service or on make overs.

There was an employee who worked with me who when offered a tip (money) would tell customers she couldn't take their cash outright, but if they chose to say, buy her a Starbucks Venti Frap, she could accept that.

There were times were guests would ask if I could take a tip and I would explain the company policy but they were very insistant and would not take no as an answer and would leave money with me regardless. I started telling customers that I could accept tips, but discreetly as to not make a scene in the store and they would either slip it to me in the form of shaking my hand on their way out of the door or some other method.

Most the employees I worked with that were not in the salon did accept tips in one way or the other, as we would have guests leave money on the counter and leave the store and in cases like that we weren't expected to chase them down and hand it back to them.

My best advice, ask your artist/rep who is doing your make over if they can take tips or if the company allows for tipping. Gauge their reaction and response and go from there.

When I got my vib makeover, the girl told me no tipping a...

When I got my vib makeover, the girl told me no tipping also when asked.  I was asked to go and fill out the survey, which I gave the highest reviews.  I was happy with her and Sephora that day completely, so that was the least I could do.

Re: tip the makeup artist?

I want to review my wonderful makeup artist but I dont know the link because I threw away ny reciept. Does anyone know it?

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors