Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

lost all my points I saved up for years because I was stuck in Australia due to the pandemic.

I have saved up roughly 6k insider points throughout the years and I've always shopped at Sephora even when I had to leave to another country due to personal reasons. Yesterday when I'm finally back to Canada I realized I have lost all my points in the beginning of 2021 due to member inactivity. I didn't even know your points could possibly get removed because of this. 

I'm now extremely sad and tilted since I was stuck at another country due to the pandemic and ordering anything within Canada to "keep up" the membership is just quite impossible even if I had knew about it beforehand. 

Is there anyway for Sephora to give me back my points so I'd feel like shopping at Sephora again?

Re: lost all my points I saved up for years because I was stuck in Australia due to the pandemic.

I just lost thousands of points that I accumulated shopping for years because I decided to focus on my life for a year. Thanks for nothing Sephora and goodbyeeeeeeee

Re: lost all my points I saved up for years because I was stuck in Australia due to the pandemic.

I just noticed this yesterday when I went to purchase something online. I was shocked to see zero points! I’m pretty bothered by this to be honest, especially when other retailers have much more robust rewards programs. This encourages me to shop there or go direct to the brand if I can’t find it at another retailer. I.e Rare Beauty. There is really no incentive to continue to shop at Sephora. 

Hi @yellowleaves,

As long as your account remains active within a year you can continue to accumulate your points and they won't expire. Account activity can be making a purchase, redeeming the birthday gift, or a Rewards Bazaar item, or a gift card. I'll send you a message so I can look into this. 

Best,

Laurie

I lost about 3000 points as well - no notification or nothing.  I got on the site today to shop and they were gone.  Don't know if I want to shop with sephora anymore...

Me too!! Lost all my points. Not cool. 

Hi @brightstar2009,

Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

Same here. Over 2000 points. I’m shocked that they would do this during a pandemic. What’s the point of shopping at Sephora if I have to start from scratch? The only reason I kept coming back instead of buying elsewhere was for the points. 

Hi @deenayb,

I'll be happy to check on this and I'll send you a message.

Best,

Laurie

I lost all my points. I wasn’t even aware of this new policy. I wasn’t informed by Sephora that something like this was happening. I completely agree with the original comment! I was just about to buy Her Burberry with my 20% off code, when I realized it wouldn’t go through because I am not a B1 member. And that’s only because all my points are gone. Now I don’t even want to buy it from Sephora. My incentive is gone! I’m gonna have to see if Macy’s has it, at least I have points and coupons that’ll go through there. 

Hi @NyElle94

I'm sorry to hear about this. Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

I lost all my points too. Can you give it back to me? I logged back in because I wanted to make a purchase; I would love to keep shopping at Sephora if you could be so kind to give my points back to me. Thanks!

Hi @OliviaSSS

Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

What about everyone else. BS

Hi @CocoWeng,

Regards,
Danee

@CocoWeng You can try contacting customer service.  The terms and conditions of the program when you sign up for it has this info about points expiration.

Do Points expire?

We encourage you to redeem your points often, so that you get to experience the full benefits of the Beauty Insider program including product, gifts, experiences and events. All unredeemed points expire when you have not engaged in point activity associated with your Beauty Bank (through purchase or redemption for Rewards or Birthday Gift) for 12 months or more. If you have questions regarding the date of your last point activity or your last purchase, you may email customerservice@sephora.com or call 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) for more information. In addition, points will automatically expire if your Membership is revoked or otherwise cancelled.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing