Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

anyone having issues with the site? i can't seem to see reviews. They show for a few seconds then disappear

Re: anyone having issues with the site? i can't seem to see reviews. They show for a few seconds then disappear

I am also having this same issue on Google Chrome. I click "reviews" at the top  next to the star rating, and I'm redirected to the bottom of the page and the only thing there is suggested items. I have tried on regular chrome and incognito so I know cookies/cache are not the issue. This was working fine last week, today is the first day I have noticed this. 

Re: anyone having issues with the site? i can't seem to see reviews. They show for a few seconds then disappear

I can't see any reviews either. I'm disappointed with Sephora lately. My birthday magically disappeared from my profile during my birthday month too. No birthday gift for me. I have to CALL? And stay on hold? Ridiculous. Fix it Sephora.

PS - I've tried EVERY browser I have on my MacBook. Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I can't see reviews via any browser.

I am on a regular PC and cannot see reviews no matter what browser I'm using. This has been going on for 2 days for me. I have emailed Sephora but have not heard anything yet.

I am a VIB Rouge member. I always check the reviews. Reviews help me decide if a product is good for my skin type/issues. I will not purchase anything from Sephora online or in store until this is fix this.

Plus there are cart issues. First it shows there is an item in it, which there is, then it shows nothing is in it.

Obviously this is a Sephora problem. Fix it or you will lose business from me. There are things I want but I will have to go to Nordstrom or Ulta. I CAN see their reviews.

Fix this please.

Still not able to leave reviews. Q and A section doesn't show either 

Here it is mid August and I STILL can't leave reviews and shopping is a marathon. Reviews are now visible...SLOWLY...but I can't rate them, I can't review products, and it's amazing how often I have glitches trying to see videos or switching photos. Anything that uses Flash is a nightmare.

This is an all Apple household. Airbooks, iMacs, iPads and iPhones. Looks like Sephora is determined to force me to shop elsewhere. Nordstroms seems to have the best reviews and I'm finding colors and products Sephora never offers by going directly to the company websites. I'm not downloading unwanted browsers or apps just to accommodate poor corporate decision-making. Looks like it's time for this VIB ROUGE customer to move on. I'm getting the impression the site is focusing on tweenies and makeup artists, not professional women with money to drop on workplace-appropriate products. I was hanging on for the Tom Ford, but with no Chanel other than perfumes, I should've seen this coming.

After the previous comment was posted, I went and checked the site and yes, I can see the reviews - finally! However, I have been waiting to post a few reviews until the problem was fixed and unless I am missing something, there is no way to leave a review now. 

Anonymous Insider

As of today (Sunday, June 4th), the reviews are no longer disappearing on my Mac devices. I've checked several products and all the reviews seems to be working properly. 

However, I just checked on the Q&A section of a few products and it still doesn't work correctly. There questions are there for a few moments but then they disappear. 

Thanks for the review fix, Sephora, but it's really too bad that it took so long for the issue to be remedied. Hopefully you'll be getting the Q&A issues solved as well.

Guess what folks, I'm a Mac user with the very same issues. I am a sephora vib and have been a loyal customer for a very long time. However, I do utilize reviews to decide on new products. I will not be purchasing any new items from Sephora with no reviews available. I do have an Ulta right down the street and they seem very grateful for my business. I am not getting that impression from Sephora. So, rather than purchase/return, purchase/return etc. -which I do not have time to do- I will go to my local Ulta where I am able to sample and try products before I buy them. Maybe Sephora will get the message if enough customers jump ship for stores who actually value our business! I've never had a problem with Ulta's online service, either!

UGH!!!! I am a professional make up artist and NEED to see reviews. I never realized how much I use them. I've, actually, been shopping at Nordstroms and Ulta because I can read their reviews. I have a MacBook Air. 

A cumbersome fix but it worked for me...

I accessed the site from one of their promo emails. I went to the product I wanted the reviews for, and was able to read the first page without the reviews disappearing. So I thought...okay I guess that's it. But then I hit the #2 page for reviews and it took me back to the product page. For some reason, I decided to keep trying so I hit where it says "# reviews" (right under the product name). It took me to page 2 of the reviews. Repeat for #3 page, etc. It is slow going but I was able to read about 20 pages of reviews on one product that way. 

This method does not work if you go directly to the Sephora site, only if you access it through one of their emails. If you go directly to their site, the reviews will still disappear. 

So if you are desperate...:)

Anonymous Insider

Being that so many of us on Mac/Apple devices have been having problems with Sephora's website (since at least May 9th) and considering that we have received no further updates in this forum from Sephora Advisors, I decided to contact Sephora directly. Unfortunately for their Mac/Apple customers, it doesn't look like they have any idea as to when they will have their website issues fixed. This is not good. 

Here is the response I received:

"Thank you for contacting Sephora.com regarding reviews on the website.

We genuinely apologize that you are having difficulties with the reviews. We genuinely appreciate you bringing your website concern to our attention and will do our best to address the error with our IT department. Our IT department is currently working on this issue, however, we do not have an estimated date when the reviews will be working.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Thanks for the update. This is quite frustrating, and I'm very surprised that it's taking so long to fix the issue, and that they cannot provide an estimated date! They must be losing so much $$$...

I would assume that Apple users are not their biggest market. Otherwise it would have been fixed by now. 

iPhones are hugely popular and many use those to shop online....the site didn't work on iPhones either. Now the site finally shows review when using safari on Mac/Apple devices, but you still can't post a review. They sent me an email to review a recent purchase, but I can't...

At least relieved to see I'm not the only one with this problem 😞 I'm using Safari, on a MacBook Pro. Help!

They still have not fixed the problem.   I went off the site for a few days.   Came back on today and tried to see reviews and still the same problem.

I sent them a message about it and got some generic response that they are aware of it and working on it. 

It is making the site frustrating to me too. 

I use safari on iphone, ipad and a macbook pro. 

Same issue with my Mac Air....I need my reviews!! 

I cannot see the reviews either!  This is SO frustrating.  Sephora, you've had so many issues after revamping your site...you have really screwed it up!  First, no brands listed (you fixed that...thanks) and now the reviews aren't showing.  It makes the site very user unfriendly.  Not sure why you won't or can't fix this.  Using a MacBook Air/Safari.  Don't tell me to "erase my cookies" to make it work because that does not solve the problem!  Either FIX this our count me out as a customer.  NOT HAPPY.

Yep!!! SAME issues with my macbook Air using Safari...Sephora please fix this or provide a fix to this issue for your loyal customers!

Conversation Stats
testing