Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Customer Support
|

am I just a mommy now?

I have used the same dull makeup for 4 years now. I never get out and Iโ€™m not sure of many trends anymore. My son was born 4 years ago then I had 2 major surgeries and he autism. I feel like I look older and truly I donโ€™t do anything to pamper myself. What would you recommend a mommy who hardly gets out to start with? Skin is dry hair is thick and frizzy Iโ€™m always in sweats. Help me please.

RE: am I just a mommy now?

I just wanted everyone to know I have been in the hospital with my son Iโ€™ll try and get on when I can. Thank you all for your encouraging words and helping me. Thank you to those of you that reached out personally. I thank all of you.
Anonymous Insider

Thank you
Anonymous Insider

Re: am I just a mommy now?

No mother is ever just a mother โค๏ธ Women are often judged in relation to the others around them - we're so often referred to as daughters, wives and mothers before we are our own person - but that doesn't mean we ever stop being our own person, even if that part of our lives isn't our main focus!

For dry skin, you can use some easy beauty ingredients you likely have on hand - like try a bath with whole milk, honey (mix into lukewarm water first, then increase the temperature) and if you have any, your favourite essential oils. Or you make a moisturizing facial mask with a whole fat yogurt base and add skin-friendly ingredients like honey, turmeric, mashed fruit, etc. But there are lots of pre-made moisturizing masks you can try. Origins has little packets so you can sample them without committing and I like the Mega-Mushroom one for soothing and moisturizing. Sephora also has affordable packets.

For hair, try argan oil which is very affordable via The Ordinary. Even a little bit is very soothing to the hair. Or you can make a hair mask with olive oil, mashed up avocados, egg yolk (just make sure to use warm water to rinse it out or you'll have bits of cooked egg in your hair!). You can find tons of recipes on Google.

Sometimes getting one colourful product like a bright lipstick or shimmery eyeshadow palette can be fun! You don't have to even wear anything outside, just play around at home and get creative ๐Ÿ™‚ BITE just released these really cute shimmering multisticks that you can apply to your lips and cheeks โค๏ธ

As for clothes, I highly recommend getting loungewear that makes you feel elegant and comfortable! A beautiful bathrobe that feels good against the skin makes such a difference and will be flattering on all body types. Or if you're worried about damaging your clothes at home, you can always wear a pretty matching lingerie set beneath your sweats and it's like having a little secret! You don't need an excuse to wear them around the house other than feeling good ๐Ÿ™‚

One last suggestion....... maybe buy a perfume set and try the samples. Fragrance is so easy to wear and can really lift your mood! You can also remind yourself everytime you smell the scent to take a quick time out to center and collect yourself.

Good luck โค๏ธ

RE: Re: am I just a mommy now?

Thank you

Sign up for a subscription box - Play, Birchbox, Ipsy - any of them will be like giving yourself a little gift every month without having to do the work of figuring out what you want to try or wasting money on something you may not like.

RE: Re: am I just a mommy now?

Thank you

It must feel that way sometimes @TLRD, but itโ€™s not true. I had three sons within 18 months (1 older and a set of twins) and I wore comfy clothes and no makeup for a long time until I felt I had time to do more again. But once I did I felt a lot better about myself. Not because I thought I looked better, but because I was giving myself the time I needed. 

These tough times will pass and things will get easier I promise! But for now, can you maybe swing a spa day somewhere?  Get a massage and a mani/pedi?  And get yourself a spunky new โ€˜do? I think it would do you a world of good to pamper yourself and recharge. You canโ€™t function when youโ€™ve completely drained yourself and you canโ€™t do your best for your family that way either. Treat yourself gently. You deserve it. ๐Ÿ˜˜

am I just a mommy now?

@TLAD, what state do you live in?

Florida

@TLAD, I'm just checking in to see how you're doing? Righ...

@TLAD, I'm just checking in to see how you're doing? Right Now I live in Chicago, I moved 2 years ago for my husband's job transfer. But I have grown up in Florida and my whole family is there. What coast do you live on? I fly to Fla once a month and I would love to help you in any way that I can. Keep your chin up, you have friends here.๐Ÿ’‹

@TLRD My thought are with you and your son through his surgery. I understand your frustrations with Sephora and not receiving everything you wanted. Our children are our priority. Thereโ€™s no doubt about that. But we NEED to take time for ourselves and our well being. Weโ€™re still women and we all yearn to feel beautiful. I have so many samples as well as items I donโ€™t or canโ€™t use from my subscription boxes. Everything is unopened and untouched. If you would like, PM me with your address. I would love to send you everything! @bakeamuffin could probably vouch for me. Iโ€™m not creepy! Lol. A care package that is for you, and you alone may be a nice place to start. Nevertheless, we are a community of women who love to support one another. We may be strangers, but we share the same passions. And we are all BEAUTIFUL. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Thank you so much! You are awesome thank you all it truly means so much!! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

@darlyndar ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

@darlyndar ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Re: @darlyndar ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

@GG84 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Re: RE: am I just a mommy now?

@darlyndar youโ€™re seriously the sweetest! What a gracious offer โค๏ธ Itโ€™s so amazing when we can come together to boost one another up! 

Re: RE: am I just a mommy now?

@bakeamuffin Thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m here! I love sharing and discussing with all of you! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

@TLRD what you need is a big ol' squeeze!!

i wouldn't worry about trends.  focus on trying to take care of yourself, taking some time to just unwind & do nothing,  maybe a bubble bath & a glass of wine.  

i know focusing on yourself seems hard or silly at times but it really can make a difference in your mental health!  no where near the same stress level but i found being home on mat leave i was falling into the sweats and no make up routine...which is fine...but i was starting to feel down.  i now spend 10 minutes on skincare, quick, light makeup & getting dressed - still usually includes sweats.   it makes me feel more human

Youโ€™ve got a lot on your plate @TLRD! It sounds like you need some self care โค๏ธ Starting with a morning and evening skin care routine would really benefit you, focus on a hydrating routine to help keep your skin moisturized, plump, and fresh looking. Using a tinted moisturizer may (with an spf) May help you feel more put together during the days, maybe with some mascara and a pink nude lipstick. For your hair, a hydrating hair mask once a week would be beneficial as well as a leave in product such as the Alterna 10 in 1 hair CC cream. It boosts hydration, tames frizz and makes hair soft, shiny and manageable. Hope this helps โค๏ธ

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 107 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing