Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

Will Sephora ever carry MAC?

I really love MAC and I wish Sephora would carry it so I could by all of my makeup at one store. 

Tags (1)

I personally doubt it. They're both huge on their own as...

I personally doubt it. They're both huge on their own as it is.

Probably not, but that would be amazing!

Probably not, but that would be amazing!

MAC will probably never be sold at Sephora. MAC markets i...

MAC will probably never be sold at Sephora. MAC markets itself based on its exclusivity. Their stores only carry MAC products, nothing else. They also have beauty counters in many department stores. Plus, MAC offers discounts for professional makeup artists. Sephora does not have a pro discount program in place. I'm assuming the reason is because they sell such a wide variety of brands, its hard to have an agreement with so many companies to offer to sell their products at a discount. Discounts are given with the permission of the beauty brand. Sephora is simply the the distributor who sells those products.

I like MAC products but you can easily find an alternative for many of those products at Sephora. Check out brands like MakeUpForever, Illamasqua, Urban Decay... etc. So, to me its not a big deal that Sephora doesn't sell MAC. Most malls have a Sephora location and MAC store or beauty counter located in the mall anyway.

Make-up Art Cosmetics, better known as MAC Cosmetics, is...

Make-up Art Cosmetics, better known as MAC Cosmetics, is owned by Estee Lauder, who i bet will never give up any rights to their company, and besides... selling MAC would mean that every Sephora would have to expand their stores in order to carry every shade of every product they produce. I really dont see this happening ever. 

I don't know if Sephora will ever offer MAC, but I agree...

I don't know if Sephora will ever offer MAC, but I agree with you that it sure would be wonderful if they did.

Re: Will Sephora ever carry MAC?

Sephora carries MAC in Europe but not the US.  Sephora also carries Estee Lauder.  In the US, MAC isn't considered a prestige brand, therefore Sephora won't carry it.  

what does " MAC isn't considered a prestige brand" mean?

It means its not top of the line in terms of a brand...Dior its a top brand in cosmetics... I love some mac lips sticks.. but its more like something a teen will but then out grow it... My best example will be i use to use MAC in high school... I went to college and now I can afford the real good stuff so Know i buy Tarte, Josie Maran, Dior, ect high prestige brand and better quality for my money

I don't see why Sephora would have to carry every item an...

I don't see why Sephora would have to carry every item and every shade in their physical store, they don't carry every shade or every item of other big name brands. They carry a selection of the brands but not the FULL brand and every item of the brand in the store.

We do not have any recent plans to carry Mac however, we thank you for taking the time to leave your suggestion!

<3 Melissa
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors