Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Why was my order cancelled?

I placed an order yesterday for the Kat Von D Glimmer Veil in Dazzle, the Sephora Collection clear hair elastics, and the KVD Lock-it powder GWP.  Today I get an email stating that my ENTIRE order has been cancelled because "one or more items are out of stock." Yet when I go back onto the site to see what was sold out...every one of them is still available? What gives? 

I just placed the exact same order AGAIN, down to the choice of samples (which I'm sure I won't get anyway because I never do), so I'm going to see what happens this time, but I'm not at all pleased. This is the first time Sephora has done this to me.

Re: Why was my order cancelled?

This same thing just happened to me. I ordered my wife a gift and no it has been canceled. Is it worth the wait or would it be best just to go to Ulta? 

Hi @DylanJones,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'll take a look further and I'll send you a message.

Best regards,

Laurie

OK, so for anyone who is confused, basically if 1 thing is out of stock in your order, Sephora will cancel the entire thing and the email you get will say that everything is out of stock. You just have to call them ( 18777374672), and they will fix your order and send you the things that are in stock. Hope this helped!

@airheartwrote:

I placed an order yesterday for the Kat Von D Glimmer Veil in Dazzle, the Sephora Collection clear hair elastics, and the KVD Lock-it powder GWP.  Today I get an email stating that my ENTIRE order has been cancelled because "one or more items are out of stock." Yet when I go back onto the site to see what was sold out...every one of them is still available? What gives? 

I just placed the exact same order AGAIN, down to the choice of samples (which I'm sure I won't get anyway because I never do), so I'm going to see what happens this time, but I'm not at all pleased. This is the first time Sephora has done this to me.

This just happened to me too!!! I am leaving for vacation soon and I don't have time for this!!! Sephora, WHAT GIVES?!?!

Hi @Emmia456,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused! If you still need assistance with your order, please send me a private message with your order number.

Best regards,

Laurie

Hi @airheart

This definitely sounds frustrating and I apologize for your experience. I will send you a PM momentarily after I look into this for you. 

All my best, 

Megan 

I had the same thing happen to me last week, with my order for the SPLURGE bag. Nothing appeared out of stock on the site, and I was able to add everything (samples and rewards included) back to my cart for several days after the order was canceled (which was a few days after I'd placed the order).

I just took it as a sign that I didn't actually need to make that purchase. If they don't want to take my money, I'm not going to force them to, lol!

Anonymous Insider

Even I am facing same problem. I have also done the payment and now it says order is cancelled as the items are out of stock.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing