Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

What happens when you buy someone a Sephora gift, and they return it?

Hello.  I saw in my transaction history that it appears that a friend of mine returned a Sephora gift I purchased for her.  My account was deducted 17 points, then 5 for the multiplier.  I'm curious what ultimately happens to my status when a gift is returned.  

For example, if my friend returned the item and my credit card was refunded, are the dollars I spent deducted from my total dollars spent for the year?

Also, if my friend returned the item and got a store credit, are the dollars spent counted in my total dollars spent for the year?

I'm asking because I'm getting close to making VIB by the end of the year.  It's difficult to account for my status when I spend money on a purchase, only to have it returned by a recipient.  (I know that Sephora gives you a tally of how many more dollars you need to spend to attain the next level, but I think in the last week or so I saw $57, then $14, then $30-something.)

I know I should ask my friend but I'm hesitant for two reasons: 1. she can be unreliable 2. she didn't mention returning the gift, so I don't want to offend her.

Thanks for much for taking the time to address this.  🙂

Re: What happens when you buy someone a Sephora gift, and they return it?

Hi @Anonymous7,

I will send you a private message so that I can look into this for you. Thanks! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing