Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Upset

So, I got a confirmation email from Sephora when I placed an order. All set! Then, I got an email saying items were out of stock, so my order had been modified. It was two small free items - a cologne sample for my birthday gift, and a mini powder that was a Beauty Offer that I was really excited to try (JO MALONE LONDON - Peony & Blush Suede Cologne, BECCA - Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder) . Below is the email I sent to Sephora customer service, and I just wanted to share it because I am having a difficult week and this is the thing that just tipped it right over. I love you Sephora, but I feel bad and sad. 

•••

Are you kidding? This is very disappointing!!! I almost always base my purchase dates around Beauty Offers and Rewards, and I really wanted both of these items!!!!

Sephora's rewards system has really seemed to be declining in the past year or so — going from 3 samples to 2, the points items are very often sold out and not replaced, orders are placed and then we are told that the items are no longer available — I am not feeling like a valued customer. I am grateful for the samples and rewards also because I can try the product, and I will purchase the product if I find it works for me. The system is unique and has made me choose Sephora over other retailers, but things like this make me reconsider, and I know I am not alone.
This is but a small blip on your radar, and I'm not a huge spender, but I make careful choices with my disposable income, and this just happened to be the icing on a sh*tty week. And, one of the things was a birthday gift, so it feels like an unscented slap in the face. This literally made tears well up and I had to leave my desk at work so nobody would see, because this is a very embarrassing thing for an adult to cry over. But, that's what happened.
If a human is reading this, I'm so sorry, because I know it's not your fault, but please pass this message on if possible to someone who is making notes on how customers are feeling, because I've seen similar sentiments in the comments on your site, on messages boards and facebook etc., and I know I'm not alone.
Thank you.

Re: Upset

Hi @HannahMars I'm so sorry to hear about your experience! I will send you a PM for more information. 

Re: Upset

@HannahMars im sorry that you have been having a rough week! i hope things start to look up for you soon! (also - happy birthday month!). i know it is disappointing when promos go out of stock and are cancelled from your order. i recently had an experience where my promo came broken, and could not be replaced because it had since gone out of stock. things tend to go out of stock quickly. i dont know if this is necessarily a sephora issue. i believe that is the brands that give the GWP (i could be wrong, so if someone knows more definitively please correct me!). i would highly suggest checking the Active Promo Codes thread (i believe were up to #19 now!). usually the comments are pretty helpful in figuring out which promos are OOS, and which ones will have a better chance of arriving.

if you wanted to try the hydra-mist powder (or any product), definitely ask for a sample to be made for you in-store. if youre dead set on this promo, keep checking the thread in case it comes back in stock. i redeemed this promo i think in November or December last year, so sometimes they circle back. the thread is also great because there are sometimes promos that are not on the beauty offers page anymore, but are announced via email, or some that are older but the codes still work because there is still stock.

customer service is usually very helpful and will try to do their best to make it up to you. normally they offer points or some sort of resolution if its possible.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing