Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Under eyes

I have horrible dark under eyes. Even with enough sleep they don't go away or even lessen. Any suggestions for concealers or eye creams that might help?? 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Under eyes

Have you tried IT Cosmetics' Bye Bye Undereye Illumination concealer? I absolutely love it and it really brightens up under my eyes! Wet a beauty blender when putting it on and I think that will really help.

xo

Anonymous Insider

RE: Under eyes

If you don't want to invest in any expensive creams you can cover them up by using an orange color corrector and then covering that with a full coverage concealer or foundation.

heyyygirl wrote:

I have horrible dark under eyes. Even with enough sleep they don't go away or even lessen. Any suggestions for concealers or eye creams that might help?? 

Hi @heyyygirl, I have terrible hereditary dark circles, and my favorite eye cream is Origins GinZing. It's not a miracle fix -- nothing is, believe me, I've tried! -- but it has an immediate depuffing and brightening effect. If you really want to pull out ALL the stops, I'd recommend starting with that, then using an undereye primer to really hydrate the area and keep other products from settling in to any fine lines (Smashbox has a good one), then a peach-colored correcting fluid to neutralize the darkness (I like Urban Decay's, and Becca's is pretty popular as well), then concealer (I like NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer or Benefit Boi-ing), then apply your foundation all over your whole face, then make sure to set your undereyes with powder -- I use Tarte's Smooth Operator. One important thing to keep in mind is to apply all these products in very thin layers and with a light hand... and accept that makeup can do a lot, but it's not magic. The circles are probably here to stay, but you have lots of options for making them less obvious. Hope that helps!

Thank you for your remarks!! These dark circles take a toll on my life a lot. They stress me out! Does the origin cream help over time as well?? I may be trying it out 

Anonymous Insider

I defintely recommend the tarte shape tape concelaer! Does wonders!

I like the Drunk Elephant eye serum, and usually too it with a natural Bisse tinted eye serum I have as well 😳  Then I use the NARS under eye creamy concealer. 

Honestly - it's a lot, but apparently eye circles take a village 😕

Hi heyyygirl, 

Have you tried First Aid Beauty's Eye Duty Triple Remedy: Brighten, Depuff and Smooth? It does exactly what it says, and functions as both skin care and cosmetic.

I love applying this with my skincare routine in the morning as it really helps brighten up my undereye area (and bonus - it works great as an eye primer!). If I need to, I can always build on top with a heavier coverage concealer 🙂

Hope this helps!

Bisous, 

Sian

I have tried that and it irritates my eyes so much!! 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing