Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Trans woman seeking makeup advice

Hi. I am a 30 year old trans woman that is just now realizing my makeup routine is wayyy too basic and theres so much more i could do to look and feel better, but i dont know what im doing.

My question is are walk-ins welcome? I just need someone who knows what their talking about to tell me what to do with my eyes, brows, and general face. I am mainly just wondering if this is something i can just come in and do. Im just really new to all of this and its overwhelming.

Re: Trans woman seeking makeup advice

The brands I see the really experienced makeup lovers use who are Trans or lgbtq are "Patrick Starr" and "Danessa Myricks" I love Danessa Myricks for everyone especially in photography. Those are two really good starting points and also the sephora collection has a lot of very vibrant colors as well. Do you like vibrant or more earth tones? Also contouring will help with defining your facial features. I hope this helps. 🥰

Hi @ClaraJubilee,

Yes you may consult with a Beauty Advisor in store during your visit. I'd also recommend contacting your local Sephora store directly for more details about available services in store. You may also be interested in our virtual beauty consultations or paid makeover services. For more details and to book, please visit our Happening At Sephora page and enter your zip code: https://www.sephora.com/happening/home?type=services

Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie

Thanks for that info! I've been wanting to have a makeover but am nervous because it's usually crowded in your stores (of course!) so it's very public. So I think I'd be more comfortable with a class or group session. Does Sephora have anything like that now? I know you used to have classes for trans people, is this going to be a thing again? It would be nice to meet other people starting out, to exchange tips and advice and break the ice. Makeup is both fun and intimidating!

@Emilypower

For information regarding Classes for Confidence, please visit https://www.sephorastands.com/classes_for_confidence/ ! Regretfully, we are not currently offering Classes for Confidence inside our stores, but invite you to check out our Workforce, Brave Beauty and Bold Beauty video tutorials which offer step-by-step demonstrations and application techniques to help you look and feel your best. Please visit the link I provided to click the link to our video tutorials! 

You can also visit the link that Laurie provided to check out the services/classes offered at your local Sephora store!

Always,

Danee

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing