Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Temp card not working on purchase

“For security reasons, we cannot accept your temporary credit card with Sephora for this purchase. Please change your payment method. Your new credit card with Sephora is on the way and you can use it soon” 

After reading that this has been a continued issue, I called customer support, only to be transferred to 4 different departments then get stuck in an automated loop. This is incredibly frustrating, as the card is advertised as being ready to use immediately and I’m concerned the 25% discount won’t get applied if I wait for the card to arrive in the mail. 

Re: Temp card not working on purchase

@saramcooper I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty. Please make sure you are shipping to the billing address until you receive your new card. For further assistance, I recommend contacting Comenity Capital Bank directly as they should be able to look into this for you. Please call:

1-866-841-5037 (Sephora Visa) 
1-866-864-7787 (Sephora Visa Signature) 
1-866-702-9946 (Sephora Credit Card)

If you do have to wait for the physical card, we will be happy to assist you with placing your order with the discount by phone or chat if you encounter any issues, 

As an update, it’s been 17 days, I still haven’t received the physical card in the mail and when I call Comenity or Sephora customer service, they say they cannot help me until I receive a statement or the card in the mail. This has been an incredibly frustrating experience. 

Hi @saramcooper,

I'm sorry about this! I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie

Yet another ridiculous update to report. After being told by customer service to wait until 12/13 to report the shipped card as never being received, I called back today to request a replacement card and for it to be expedited as I was told by customer service on 12/10. I was told that there are extreme shipping delays and that there is no wait to expedite the card, so I now have to wait yet another 7-10 business days with no guarantee that it will arrive before Christmas or that the 25% will still be valid. This is starting to feel like a scam to get people to open credit card accounts and then never give them actual access to their credit lines. 

Hi @saramcooper,

I'm very sorry for the delay and I'll send you a message with more details. 

Best,

Laurie

Thank you for your response. I am shipping to my billing address, so I don’t think that’s the issue. I reached out to Comenity, who told me the card isn’t always available to use immediately (which seems incorrect..?). When I tried to explain further, they sent me a link to register my account online, but I can’t do that without the permanent card number, which of course, I don’t yet have. 

The lack of clarity is frustrating, as is the lack of consistent answers between customer service representatives. 

I do appreciate that I’ll be able to utilize the 25% discount once the card arrives. Thank you for making that clear. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing