cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Swap board on Beauty talk

Taking a Poll:

How many of you would like to see a Swap Board on beauty talk?

I have successfully participated in swaps on other boards, and miss being able to do that here, which is my favorite e community by far.

Maybe if enough of us express an interest, the administrators will create a space for us to have a swap board!

Thanks!

PLEASE NOTE: The intention of this post is to see how many people WANT a swap board on Beauty Talk. I do respect that people have had bad experiences with swaps, and that there are always potential risks involved. I feel that the Beauty Talk community is a very positive one and that there would be less chance of negative experiences here. Also, for every negative swap experience you hear about, there are 10 good one you don't hear about. Bad news gets press. We have successfully completed two and are well into a third Traveling Sephora Box. Everyone has been honest, generous and respectful.

If you don't want to participate in a swap, you don't have to. There are dishonest people out there, but there are also many loving, positive, generous people out there.

Thanks!

Tags:

Re: Swap board on Beauty talk

You know I'm inSmiley Wink  !!!

I think it's a great idea. I have lots of stuff that came in kits that have not even been touched. For example I have several brand new tubes of lip gloss that came with a palette that I will never use.

Sure! I'm in! Same opinion as a few of you, a swap board would help me to choose the right colours and products for me! 🙂

Tags:

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, I don't think it's hygienic, but I suppose I can choose not to swap.  Wonder if Sephora would even want to facilitate this though ... Can't you just return it?

I'm in!

Who hasn't bought a lipstick that was more brown than pink (I just did) or a favorite eye shadow that has too much "orange" and not enough "taupe?"

dagriff wrote:

I'm in!

Who hasn't bought a lipstick that was more brown than pink (I just did) or a favorite eye shadow that has too much "orange" and not enough "taupe?"

These happen to me ALL THE TIME.  Great idea!

Count me in! I think a swap board is a fabulous idea, it would be a great way to recycle items without having to wait for the TSB. Plus with the TSB, the people following a given individual might not necessarily be the one interested in the donations in the box, whereas an earlier donator might be really itching to get them! That happened to me both times!

If Sephora put a disclaimer that they are not responsible for any of the trades,  then I presume that they wouldn't have to worry about anything coming back on them. We haven't had any problems with hurt feelings with the TSB's so I would think that a swap board would work properly as well.Smiley Happy

prettyinpa wrote:

Count me in! I think a swap board is a fabulous idea, it would be a great way to recycle items without having to wait for the TSB. Plus with the TSB, the people following a given individual might not necessarily be the one interested in the donations in the box, whereas an earlier donator might be really itching to get them! That happened to me both times!

If Sephora put a disclaimer that they are not responsible for any of the trades,  then I presume that they wouldn't have to worry about anything coming back on them. We haven't had any problems with hurt feelings with the TSB's so I would think that a swap board would work properly as well.Smiley Happy

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

This is how it works on NAturally Curly and Make Up Alley.

Also, if Sephora could put join dates on people's profiles, swappers could choose to swap only with people who were well established members and therefore unlikely to "swaplift". Although I really don't feel this would be a problem in our community as we have yet to have a problem with it!

Also, if Sephora could put join dates on people's profiles, swappers could choose to swap only with people who were well established members and therefore unlikely to "swaplift". Although I really don't feel this would be a problem in our community as we have yet to have a problem with it!

In lieu of join dates, we could always use number of hearts as a rough estimate of how much participation a person has on Beauty Talk, though I guess there are probably a bunch of people who have been members for a long time but don't post.

prettyinpa wrote:

In lieu of join dates, we could always use number of hearts as a rough estimate of how much participation a person has on Beauty Talk, though I guess there are probably a bunch of people who have been members for a long time but don't post.

Excellent point!!

As far as hygiene is concerned, same rules would apply as to TSB:  Products should be new or gently used. If used, they need to be sanitized. If you're not into it, you certainly don't have to  swap. There are plenty of times you can't return things-- like you bought at a store and live nowhere near one and can't return via the post (That is often my situation); or item came as part of a set and though you love everything else in the set, you know from past experience that you don't love a particular item from the set ( for me I've had this experience with Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and want to swap with someone who knows they love it.

The idea of the board is just to have a space to do it-- not to make Sephora responsible in any way above what they normally moderate on other parts of Beauty Talk.

Hope that sheds some light!

🙂

I'm in too. Like mermadelove said, I get things as part of value sets that I know I don't want, and it would be great to exchange them for things I do want. It might be easier than the TSBs, plus the postage would be a lot less.

Conversation Stats