Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Sephora gift card shows $0 after transaction failed!!

I was making an order in the Sephora app and I used a $15 Sephora gift card. I tried to submit payment but it gave me an error that something was out of stock. My credit card got charged and now my gift card shows a $0 balance! I've been back and forth with Sephora and no one can help me! I really want to place my order soon so I can use a promo code. No one seems to know how to help me, I emailed and called. This is such horrible service 😞

Re: Sephora gift card shows $0 after transaction failed!!

I’m new to SEPHORA, but I will never buy anything else. You see our family alternates Christmas and Thanksgiving. This year was our year for at Thanksgiving. So I purchased 4 gift cards. Each bring $200 each, well you guessed right. They all had 0.00 balances. I purchased them, wrapped them and put under the tree until Friday after thanksgiving. The girls went to redeem and they were empty. I called Sephora and they blew me off, telling me to call the store where I purchased them. They said not there problem call Sephora. The mgr I spoke to was the most rudest person/man I have ever delt with in my entire life. 
#giftcards

#customerservicestinks

@sephoracommunity

I just had my card declined trying to purchase online. It had $100 in my gift card & now it’s saying I have $0 in the card. How?? Help please.

$200 Sephora e-gift  was sent to my email now by my boyfriend he bought it on Amazon I tried to check the balance now only to discover that there’s no money on the card, the balance was 0.00

what can I do to get my the money back or the money is gone like that?

Hi @Jullie2002,

We are very sorry about that. You would need to contact Amazon for assistance since it was purchased through them. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@Jullie2002  You would need to contact Amazon but remember everyone treats gift cards same as cash. If lost or stolen they will not replace or refund.

I'm having this issue too! Only when I shopped online. Gift card you know has money left on it because it was $100 and I bought something small. It them registers as a zero balance!

HI @AndreaPC,

Oh no! I'll send you a private message.

Always,
Danee

This seem like an ongoing problem with Sephora and all I see, is you guys send ing a private message instead of telling what is the problem on the platform. This is highway robbery at his finest and Sephora should be ashamed of itself for scamming people, and letting us go on for so long to so many people. 

I had the very same problem, of zero sums on Gift Cards I bought on Amazon for my girlfriend. It happened to me several times. I phoned both Amazon and Sephora customer service and didn't help at all. 
I can provide details of my orders in PM if necessary. 

@Gil5736 If they were purchased on Amazon, you would need to reach out to Amazon directly for further assistance. 

I had the same thing happen! I was given an eGift Card, went to use it at the store & the balance was zero. Not sure how to resolve this. 

Hi @KayPlantPost,

I'm sorry for the trouble and I'll send you a message for more information shortly.

Best,

Laurie

Anonymous Insider

I just got a gift card as well for Xmas was supposed to have 100 dollars on it and went to use it today (keep in mind I just took it out of the packaging too so brand new) and there’s absolutely nothing on it the lady at the register rechecked and I even called to check my balance over the phone and nothing on it

Anonymous Insider

I just Got 500 card and it wasn’t used but it had a 0 balance in it why? Is my 500 gone? 

Hi @Anonymous,

I will send you a private message shortly so that I can take a look further. Thank you.

Warm regards,

Laurie

Hi @Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your gift card. I will send you a PM for further assistance. 

Best,

Zakiya

Hi Karlyy7x, 

I'm sorry to hear about this experience!

Sending you a PM now to assist you further. 

Bisous, 

Sian

I had the same thing happen. Not sure how to get it reloaded?

Maggie

Hi @mgh709

I am sorry to hear this! I will send you a PM for further assistance. 

Best,

Zakiya

Hey - I didn't get a message back? Just wondering the status of this ! Maggie

Conversation Stats
testing