Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Sephora credit card scam! Never trust sephora again.

Hi All, 

I have never applied for a Sephora credit card and I received it, I simply ignored it and kept it- never activated. Now after 3 months, I am receiving mails from community capital bank to make the Sephora credit card payment of $291!!!!! Out of curiosity, I login into Sephora credit card account online using the information available on the card I received and just find out that I have to make the payment of $291!!! I called Sephora and comenity bank to discuss my issue and every time they just beat about the bushes and said some bul****! Every time Sephora asks me to contact comenity and comenity asks to contact Sephora. From nowhere, out of blue I am in this bul****, I don't have extra time and money to end this annoying situation. I am totally done with this and I am never going to use Sephora ever again! I am on verge of suing them for putting me in such a problem. I am losing my patience now. 

Is there anyone who encountered this problem or any suggestions on how to deal with this issue? I will truly appreciate it. 

Thank you!

Re: Sephora credit card scam! Never trust sephora again.

Thank you so much for this post because I went to shop on Sephora for cyber Monday and they wanted to charge me $110  for my Sephora “credit card”. I  called Sephora and they had my information on a card, the representative from Sephora visa confirmed. She told me that there were no charges on there and I told her what I saw on my bill, she told me that’s if you put it on a credit card. I said that is not true, I have my debit card information stored and that credit card charge added to my total. I work for a bank in the fraud department. That is simply defrauding your customers if they are naive enough to pay. Sephora had a major cyber hack where a lot of customers got their information stolen. My stupidity since I have been shopping at Sephora since I was 16…now 28. I still shopped here. I learned about this scam and a year later here we are. It’s sad because there are a lot of young women and teenagers shopping at Sephora. This predatory to say the least.

Hi, I am going through the same thing? What did you ended up doing? I did not even know that I got charged on that stupid credit card because I paid with my usual credit card. This is really annoying 

Hi @Angiesephora6 Oh no! I'll send you a PM.

it is. Their website and all avenues of payment, including their phone lines, were down for many months. I finally got a hold of them and CLOSED the account. paid in full and done. Little did I know they reactivated the account they have been charging me for months. For non-payment, reporting to the credit agencies and my credit score dropped 18 points! 

There is a class action lawsuit and I am part of it. If you google it, the link is there. 

Hi @DrCk 

I am so sorry to hear about this! I will send you a PM.

Hi @Sara456

I am so sorry to hear about this! I will send you a private message.

Regards,

Danee

comenity*

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing