Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Sephora Play bizarre color selections

I'm pretty pissed because in my Sephora Play box this month I was sent the Benefit Gimmie Brow sample in the shade Deep. This is the darkest shade the sell intended for the darkest brown or black hair. My Sephora Play profile indicates my hair as "brunette" because that is the ONLY choice for people with brown hair. My hair is a brown level 6, maybe a 5 at most in the winter, and that Gimmie Brow is for a level 1 or 2. So basically my hair is light brown... but it isn't blonde, and it sure as hell isn't black... this isn't the first time I have received products that don't appropriately match the answers in my profile on Sephora Play, so at this point I emailed Sephora customer service asking exactly how the samples are selected, and after two days of hearing nothing I first got a form letter about shipping and billing (which had zero to do with my question) and then a sorta BS response telling me to fill out my Sephora Play profile, which I already did and made clear in my original e-mail that I had already done... so I wrote back and explained that my profile is indeed completed and for my brown hair I selected "brunette" and was sent brow gel for black hair and I still want to know why... then I got another response AGAIN telling me to complete my Sephora Play profile and suggesting I go into the store to make sure it is filled out correctly (because I'm apparently too stupid to tell what color my own hair is), and telling me that the Sephora Play shipment center can't send out "appeasement samples" and I should really make sure  my responses in my profile are correct, but I can have 100 Sephora play points to make me feel better... Like, seriously?????? The responses are so scripted and don't give you any actual information, not to mention the last response I got was SO beyond condescending. Is this really the kind of customer service you want to offer? I am VIB Rouge and spend a lot of money at Sephora, but this kind of stuff really makes me want to shop elsewhere,  

Re: Sephora Play bizarre color selections

I would shop elsewhere.  I agree, Sephora just taunts it customers about "matching their profile."  Zero effort. Sephora should be rewarded, by having us unsubscribe, and go elsewhere.

Re: Sephora Play bizarre color selections

Hi @sacredsiren4mac & @crewelmoi. So sorry to hear about your PLAY! experiences. I will send a private message to you both.

XO,

Jamila 

RE: Sephora Play bizarre color selections

Same here! Went from disappointed to completely pissed. Sephora, you need to step it up. Get some customer service skills!
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing