Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Sephora Online Erased my Gift Card Balance

UPDATE: Faith in Sephora customer service restored. Danee is amazing, replied to this post within hours, and then had everything fixed for me. Thank you Danee, you are awesome!

Note: after reading similar complaints, it seems to be a glitch that happens if you try to update/correct/change your credit card information AFTER applying gift cards at the checkout. Make sure your credit card information is all correct/updated/selected BEFORE applying gift cards at the checkout and trying to complete your order.

I went to make a purchase tonight on Sephora online, and I entered two gift cards to reduce my total at the checkout. I went to place order and it said I had an error with my credit card(was expired and I didn’t realize), so I updated my credit card and then hit the place order button. I then received an error showing that one of my gift cards now had a remaining balance of zero(it had $48.55). My other gift card still has a $50 balance(as it should) and my credit card was not charged as the order never went through! Only the one gift card was wrongfully drained for an order that didn’t go through.

I called the gift card line and they were very dismissive, and told me that I spent the money. They didn’t want to listen when I tried to explain this never went through due to an error; and that my balance was erased in error. They told me to call Sephora’s main line(now closed) and hung up as fast as they could. Terrible customer service, and I’m so disappointed. I hope I can get back my $48.55 as the order never went through so it basically stole my money. 

Re: Sephora Online Erased my Gift Card Balance

Hi @arubyxo,

I am so sorry to hear about the issues with your Gift Card and for the service that you received! I'll send you a PM to assist you further.

Always,

Danee

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing