Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Samples

I didn't get the samples I selected -  (I got some but not what I selected) and am disappointed!  Is this normal?  I ordered online because of the lure of samples!

Re: Samples

Absolutely agree! I got 3 of the same coconut sparkle lotion.  Not what I requested and definitely don't need three of them. 

Me too!

RE: Me too!

They are canceling deluxe samples that are in stock now! It happened with my 4 orders and the reason is because it's out of stock! When clearly that isn't the reason since it's still in stock! What is Sephora doing lately honestly. Is this how you treat your high roller client? Clearly I'm very upset since I love my deluxe sample [25 to 35 dollar purchase you get deluxe sample] is anyone else frustrated.

RE: Me too!

You know what to be brutally honest if they don't keep there word eventually someone will step up and sue them.. I know it sounds horrifying and mean but I'm being honest. People are getting cheated by Sephora.

Re: RE: Me too!

This is a consistent problem lately with sephora, as can be seen from the thousands of hits that come up when you search "no samples."  It is really disappointing because that is one of the biggest draws that distinguishes them from places like Blue Mercury.  Once they stopped printing the requested samples on the packing slip, I don't get them at all or I get 3 that don't make any sense - like men's cologne samples.  I just got 2 orders in - one had no samples and the other had 2 that I didn't ask for.  Is there any way this can get escalated up to corporate so that they fix the issue at packing instead of everyone having to get extra points to make up for it? I have requested this to be fixed many times but it doesn't seem to go anywhere.  Don't get me wrong, customer service on this site is super nice - fantastic - and i really appreciate their helpful responses...but whoever is doing the packing needs to step it up.

This has happened to me with every order within the last six months. I'm not even getting samples that are appropriate for my skin type. I usually just throw them away. I dislike getting perfume samples that I didn't request because I'm very sensitive to perfume and it causes migraines. 

RE: Re: Samples

This has happened to my last 10 orders!!! Sometimes I get no samples and sometimes I get things I didn't ask for. Its not a huge deal except it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME now.

Re: RE: Re: Samples

Exact same thing is happening to me with approximately my last 20+ orders.  Just got done opening a new box with my fingers crossed thinking to myself, "they'll get it right this time...they'll get it right this time..."  Nope.  Nothing that I selected.  They aren't even trying anymore.  Why do they have us choose?? NEVER are the selected samples there or there are NO samples at all.  I'll even stand up and shake the crinkled up paper fill piece by piece, over and over, hoping that a sample will fall out of the paper!   What's going on??!!  I know it seems silly and ungrateful to complain about such a little thing, but these samples were the main reason I purchased from Sephora.  Seems like when I first started ordering, the boxes were packed perfectly and everything was correct... I loved it!!  Then.... I became loyal, and became VIB Rouge.....  Now that they have me... it seems they don't want me anymore. 😞

This has happened to me, too!  Although my most recent order I didn't receive any at all.  Sometimes I expect this if I placed multiple orders around the same time (like one time they combined my two orders into one) or if there are substitutions.  But this time my order was over $150 and I did not receive any!  Total disappointment, as I use the samples to figure out if the product is worth purchasing.

RE: Samples

I usually only end up with one of the three things selected and two other random samples. I get that samples may need to be substituted but my account reflects my original selection. I don't see the point of being able to track samples and purchase full size when my account never actually reflects what I have samples for.

This happened to me too! I just got my order and got a random perfume sample thrown in... but it wasn't what I selected at all! I looked at the invoice that came in the box and none of the samples I chose were even printed on there. I am really bummed because I had requested things that I was excited to try—makeup and hair care, NOT perfume. 😞 

Hi @Chiori

I'll be sending you a private message momentarily to help you with this. 🙂 

All my best, 

Megan 

I didn't receive any of my samples with munch recent order. I have incquired about this about a week ago and have yet to get a reply. 

Hi there, 

I didn't receive andy of my samples with my recent order either. 

Sephora has some of the best customer service out there. With that being said, hopefully this won't bite me in the butt. Contact them and they will probably give you 50 points for Insider samples. Good luck. 😉

haha *knock on wood* thank you! I will email them about it. 

I was actually going to ask how to get samples.  I've ordered tons on line, never a sample.  I buy in the store, never get samples.  I had a 45 minute beauty sample yesterday and had to ask for a sample of the foundation used and opened it this morning and as small as that little container is it was only half full.  Barely enough for a single application.
So what am I doing wrong?  What's the scoop on getting samples?

Hi Snora1971!

We include 3 complimentary samples with every merchandise order. To select your samples, please click on the "Get 3 free samples with every order" tab on the first page of checkout. To receive samples in store, simply ask a Cast Member to make you a sample of the product you'd like to try out. You can also ask the Cast Member to provide you with enough product for at least one application.

I hope this helps!

Always,

Danee

This is very frustrating to me as well.  I know around Xmas last year I received nothing at all that I had selected in fact If I recall one of my ordersI was given all mens cologne which I threw in Stockings for stocking stuffers.  I never addressed it but I was quite bothered over it.  Again on my last order I was given all correctly except for one and I was really bummed when it wasnt there.....They should either be like Ulta and they pick or be like Nostroms and send in a separate shipment when they do get it in stock.  But disregarding  feels disrespectful.   

Hi Hudson45,

I'm sorry to hear about the sample issues with your orders! I'll send you a PM shortly.

Always,

Danee

This has happened to me on a couple of orders... Most recently one this week. It's a bit disappointing, especially if I'm looking forward to trying a new product. 

testing