Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Samples

I didn't get the samples I selected -  (I got some but not what I selected) and am disappointed!  Is this normal?  I ordered online because of the lure of samples!

RE: Samples

Same thing happened to me! I wasnt sure if this is normal or if I should contact them.

Uh!!! So frustrating.... Maybe if I order the wrong samples I’ll get the right ones

Re: Samples

I just open my package and the same thing happen to me. I was really excited to try out the samples I picked out but i got something I would never use. Only one sample was similar to what I picked. I would have liked it better as a surprise then. 

Why not offer 5% or more off next purchase. I am allergic...

Why not offer 5% or more off next purchase. I am allergic to perfume! They sent me man stuff! Should I feel some type o f way?

ALWAYS happens to me since i switched to flash shipping....

ALWAYS happens to me since i switched to flash shipping. did u call amd complain? each time ive complained theyve given me extra points. still not as good as the sample i wanted but at least they know its a problem and maybe someday might fix it if enough ppl complain. email works too.

I just received my package. I placed an order on Saturday morning as soon as I saw the Fenty foundation trio sampler card released as an option. I received the other two options I selected EXCEPT for this particular one!

The Fenty foundation sampler did not go out of stock until today. So, the "subsitution/oos" reason doesn't apply here.

Why is this happening?I don't have this problem with any store except Sephora.

Same. I'm not sure why they have you pick them at the che...

Same. I'm not sure why they have you pick them at the checkout... gets my hopes up to get zero or ones that I didn't pick. It's a lot worse than it used to be.

Me too! Last three or four online purchases either had wrong samples or no samples. I contacted Sephora just to ask about the process of sample selection --they said they cannot guarantee samples. I love sephora, but why offer samples if they can't actually fulfill sample requests.

Same! My last few orders have had NONE.

At least you've gotten some samples! I've been getting NONE!!!! All of mine say "out of stock!"

I experienced the same thing for the past two months, I either didn't get samples that I selected or missing samples or even no samples at all. I'm hoping they will fix it soon!

SAME! Thank God the products I have been ordering are all in there but I just don't understand why they can't pack the right samples or any at all

I've had this problem for at least my past three purchases. Wondering if they'll get it fixed? I shop here as opposed to ultra to try products I'm interested in. Thinking of going back to ulta...

I just got my order and was excited to check out the samples (since i've been debating a full size of a product and was so excited that they had it as a sample).  None of my 3 selected samples were given to me! Soooo disappointed.  I don't want to buy the full size and end up having to waste the whole product by returning it in stores.  Also, sephora stores are not conveniently near me so I don't want to go out of my way to go into the store to ask for that sample.

I've noticed this as well. It really irks me. I would say...

I've noticed this as well. It really irks me. I would say in my last 7 or 8 shipments, I've only gotten 2 samples that I actually selected. At least 2 of those shipments I wasn't even given 3 samples. I'm always laughing at the checkout page now where it asks you to select your samples - it's a joke and I'm willing to bet money that nothing I actually wanted to try will show up. What's the point? It's just a waste of everyone's time. It's just another small thing that makes me feel Sephora cares less and less about their customers; it's no wonder why so many people have lost their loyalty to the brand. Plus, Nordstrom, Macy's, and Ulta gives out much better and generous GWPs.

I also am getting perfume samples - which I NEVER order due to sensitivities.  If they just want to switch to randomized samples, at least let us opt out of the perfumes!!!!!@

I don't think I've received a single sample I have chosen...

I don't think I've received a single sample I have chosen in months! My friend and I joke about it now, thinking maybe if we pick what we don't want we will somehow end up with the other options. No luck with that method either though.

RE: I don't think I've received a single sample I have chosen...

Same!!! I think the past six orders have been all samples at random. None that I chose.

Over the last two months, samples have been a mess with my order.  Either they are missing or completely wrong.  With this last shipment, I received some that were not even shown on the website at the time of my order.   This problem started slowly with an order here and there.  For the last few weeks, every order is wrong.  I've been ordering alot this year and I place at least two orders a week.  I've called customer service and nothing has improved.  Sephora does ask us what samples we want - I don't understand why they are substituting all of a sudden on such a consistent basis.  I've been a Sephora customer for years, and am starting to get upset enough with this lack of good service that I'm thinking of buying my products elsewhere.   Very disappointed!

This is now what I call the new normal. I haven't received a single chosen Sample in the last 5 orders I've received. Worst of all I get samples for dark skin and I'm pale Irish white. I also have several of the same perfume samples which I don't care for. Promos are a bone of contention as well. Disappearing out of my basket or none to be had. I'm hoping for a return to the former great service we had before but won't hold my breath. I recently received a survey through an outside company regarding these very things and hope my responses will help clean this up. Hang in there.

I haven't bought anything from Sephora in a while but decided to sign back up for flash shipping and order a couple days ago.  I got three of the same small packet samples of something that I didn't pick and probably won't use.  I thought that was strange. And I noticed the samples aren't printed on the pack list anymore. I understand they are free samples, but like everyone else said, why let people choose if that's not what you get. It seems like a waste. I picked some samples I really wanted to try.  They are an extra little incentive to shop Sephora. I was having this same problems months ago and see it hasn't been resolved. Seems like it may be getting worse. 

testing