Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Samples

Ok- first off, I love Sephora.  Obviously - I have rouge status.  But please, you need to change your sample policy.  People get really excited about their samples.  Especially when it's something they have really wanted to try (i.e.  Flowerbomb cologne, or Dior Life creme or other premium samples). Especially in my last 3-4 orders, I've received NONE of the samples I selected, and very few of the rewards.  After reviewing my last order, my sample selection was not even listed on my packing sheet!  It just conveys a lack of honesty (sample trickery?) and respect for your customers

RE: Samples

Exactly! Well said!

Re: Samples

It has gotten really bad over the last few months.  I agree with you it amounts to dishonest sales practice - when a sample gets replaced once in a while it's not a big deal they do go out of stock and the policy notes that may happen but at this point it appears more like they are just throwing random samples in - I did not get any of the samples I selected with my most recent order and some of them were still listed as options when I received my box. 

If sephora does not want to deal with this anymore they can do what Ulta and various other retailers do and just have a skincare, makeup, or perfume sample options without going into specifics. The samples are free, we all understand that, but at this point it amounts to lying to customers when you are letting them select samples that may be the reason they are choosing to order from sephora over another retailer and then not delivering. 

Yes!!! I have received NONE of my samples. I have ordered almost 600 dollars worth of products over the past two week, separated by  three different occasions, and only received four samples total and they weren't what I ordered. Even the promo codes have been wrong or not sent! I literally have made purchases so I could sample things. I even ordered the same samples on my second order and still didn't receive them! It's ridiculous. 

I replied in another thread, but I'm going to post here too since your's is most recent.

I have had the same thing happen to me for the last few months, missing samples, no samples, etc., etc.. I have even called Sephora to complain and they tell me the same thing, that the items must have been out of stock that I wanted so they had to substitute or they simply forgot to put them in. Even though the samples are still showing in stock online...

I just tried something different with my last order to test their excuse out. I picked the samples of things I did not want, to see what I would get. Low and behold, they ended up giving me at least 2 good samples that I have been wanting to try for months. Funny enough, those samples are not even listed on the website. So  win-win for me! 

I hope Sephora can fix what ever their problem with the samples soon. It is fine if they make a mistake once, maybe twice, but after a while, it becomes an issue and it makes me lose confidence in them. I understand they have a business to run and try to save face by making excuses, but it really looks shady when their excuses have proven to be false. I tested them, and from reading the comments, I am not the only one. 

PS- For those that may want to respond, Don't come for me telling me to stop complaining about free samples. I am simply replying to this thread. I saw someone try to come for this woman on another thread and I would have had the time that day, I would have told her how I felt about her unsolicited advice when she inserts herself into threads like this that don't pertain to her. If reading threads like this cause you to be irrationally angry then its time to log on and put the computer/tablet/phone down. This is a public forum owned by Sephora, not your personal space. Reading threads like this, helped me to realize that I wasn't the only one with this problem. If you don't like it, please don't come for others who are probably already frustrated because of dealing with Sephora and your snarky comments come off the wrong way.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing