Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Ruined Packaging

So I've recently just purchased two lip tint oils from YSL at a sephora location. 

I randomly pulled the two out, from the back of the display and popped them into my basket. 

Once I've bought everything that I needed to, I went home.

When I pulled out the two boxes, I noticed that one of the lip tint oil packaging's condition was horrible. There was a tear on the side, and the bottom opening part was practically falling apart. Almost as if someone had been trying to open it quickly, but failed to. 

I found it odd, because I've only held the item once, and that was when I was taking them out of the back where they're hidden. 

When I opened the second lip tint oil packaging, I noticed that there was some actual product smeared onto the actual tube of lip tint oil. 

I'm honestly confused - I want to exchange them for untouched new products, since I find it unsanitary, and it makes me believe that they've been opened before. And I don't want to pay for a product that has been opened before, since it'll dry out faster, as well it's unsanitary.

What should I do?  

Re: Ruined Packaging

Hi BeigeRose,

Sorry to hear about the condition in which you received these! I'd recommend contacting the store where you purchased directly for further assistance with making a return or exchange.

Hey, 

Thank you so much for replying, and alright hopefully they can figure something out. Since when I pulled it out, I wiped the product that had leaked? out, I honestly don't know how it got there but I just don't feel right using it, for sanitary purposes. 

I totally understand! The store should be able to take care of you 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing