cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Reminder to our Beauty Talk Community

Good Morning!

In an effort to keep our boards a positive environment and continue to remain the fun loving product-obsessed community we are, I want to send a reminder to please, play nice with one another!

Everyone was new to Beauty Talk at one point or another and we ask that you please do not take it upon yourselves to "educate" or "moderate" our new friends with guidelines outside of what we already have posted. (regarding posts, board rules, etc.)  This is what us mods are here for! 😉 

We're happy to participate, chat about product and help out when needed, but keep in mind that every post that comes through IS indeed seen by us and we will take the appropriate action. You can absolutely message us or flag anything as "abusive" if you feel it truly necessary.

Please refrain from any insulting, negative or bullying comments (this includes PM's) to other users, moderators or admins, whether they are new or seasoned. This is NOT tolerated and should it continue we will have to reconsider allowing any of the TSB threads to be posted or even individual participation/memberships in Beauty Talk. We would truly hate to do this so please- embrace your fellow BT'ers and share your passion for product with each other! 🙂 Please keep in mind this is not a new rule, nor is it being changed for anyone new to the boards- but is the same reminder we post every few months.

Beauty Talk Guidelines> http://community.sephora.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/BeautyTalk-Guidelines/m-p/21/highlight/true#...

Sephora.com Terms of Use> http://www.sephora.com/contentStore/mediaContentTemplateNoNav.jsp?mediaId=11300018

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Re: Reminder to our Beauty Talk Community

@algenib I love your icon!! Sailor Moon! 🙂 (nevermind how old I get, i will always love her!) haha 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Never too old for Sailor Moon ❤️

I'm 414, I haven't had one yet, I guess with all the heart party bashing, I'll never get one... Sad face!!!!!!!

haha. I think People take these things too seriously. I love heart parties and think they are a cute way to get silly with each other and post cute pictures. It's like other people said, there are some threads that I don't care to read, so I just scroll on by. 

Whatever though, If me not having a heart party keeps everyone else's panties untwisted, then I'll just go back to my palette parade where I can hang out and talk about eyeshadow and not worry about all the BS and drama. 😧

I think I was at 2500 or something NurseCupcake and had never had one so I threw it myself. You can't see how many hearts somebody has without clicking on their profile. Sometimes we just forget to check. I'm sure you'll get a heart party at some point.

Some of us are friends outside of BT and we might randomly throw a heart party sometimes to cheer that person up after a bad day. That's one of the reasons they can seem a bit out of the blue sometimes. 

Ohh I see, as I said I'm still new to the board so I don't know how it works. Let the <3s parties and community love flow.

Don't be sad, NurseCupcake!  Some people manage to get to 2000 or 3000 or more hearts before having a party- I have 1200+ and haven't yet had a party. 🙂  IMO, heart parties are fun and I like having an excuse to tell someone on BT that I appreciate them being an active member.  If I don't really know the person, I scroll past.  I've never thrown one before since I'm really bad at keeping track of how many hearts people have, but I love joining in on the fun! 

I think my first one was at 3600! 

Don't feel bad Cuppie! I'm at ~1400 and haven't had one either. There are far more BT members than there are heart parties.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the heart parties, just the overwhelming amount of them. There should be a designated party planner or something so you don't have to scroll over ten of them everyday.  

LOL, not true, I think they're really dumb and annoying, but I do just ignore them.  Hahaha!

That's not a bad idea! I nominate myself as the party planner!

I volunteer as tribute! 🙂

tribute.jpg

The same could be said for the 'how do I link my BT accounts', 'how do I transfer my points', and a dozen other subjects. 

Scrolling... not so hard. 🙂

It is if you have slow internet or your on a mobile device. Plus the question ones are usually from new people having genuine issues.  The parties can get to be like spam. Yes, I can thrown out all my junk mail but it would be easier if people just wouldn't send it to me in the first place. 

No one is saying stop (at least I'm not). I just thought it would be easier if one or two designated people posted a few a day when people hit marks rather than everyone posting their own. Kind of like the people who keep up the point perks and promo codes. 

You could also just post one major heart party thread containing all of them. 

Is that scrolling or trolling shiney?? Did you do a type-o

Scrolling, rolling = same difference. 😉

Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh gosh lol

I love heart parties. They're cute and fun!

I think this thread created some drama ... lol

Anti_Drama_Llama_ID_by_blueangel1122.jpg

Oh my god!  You cannot post about such a choice bit of gossip and not name names!  Ugggggggh.  I hate when people talk about gossip publicly and then don't name names.  Pretty sure this is against the Geneva convention!  Uggggggh, I'm just going to die not knowing who/what/where/when/why!

227 Replies
testing