cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Reminder to our Beauty Talk Community

Good Morning!

In an effort to keep our boards a positive environment and continue to remain the fun loving product-obsessed community we are, I want to send a reminder to please, play nice with one another!

Everyone was new to Beauty Talk at one point or another and we ask that you please do not take it upon yourselves to "educate" or "moderate" our new friends with guidelines outside of what we already have posted. (regarding posts, board rules, etc.)  This is what us mods are here for! 😉 

We're happy to participate, chat about product and help out when needed, but keep in mind that every post that comes through IS indeed seen by us and we will take the appropriate action. You can absolutely message us or flag anything as "abusive" if you feel it truly necessary.

Please refrain from any insulting, negative or bullying comments (this includes PM's) to other users, moderators or admins, whether they are new or seasoned. This is NOT tolerated and should it continue we will have to reconsider allowing any of the TSB threads to be posted or even individual participation/memberships in Beauty Talk. We would truly hate to do this so please- embrace your fellow BT'ers and share your passion for product with each other! 🙂 Please keep in mind this is not a new rule, nor is it being changed for anyone new to the boards- but is the same reminder we post every few months.

Beauty Talk Guidelines> http://community.sephora.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/BeautyTalk-Guidelines/m-p/21/highlight/true#...

Sephora.com Terms of Use> http://www.sephora.com/contentStore/mediaContentTemplateNoNav.jsp?mediaId=11300018

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Re: Reminder to our Beauty Talk Community

My two cents about TSB's:

I have been perusing BT for probably about a year now.  I have been participating in discussions here and there for about 7 months.  I have given and received many hearts.  I was Rouge from nearly the time it was started.  

When I read the rules for the many TSB's and read that you had to be Hall of Famer status, I gawked (ok stalked) the boxes with glee waiting until my day would come as well.  I never once complained. Never asked to be a part of one where I clearly didn't meet criteria.  I never, not once, said a negative word about any of it.  I just continued to participate in the community. 

I just now made HOF status.  And I look forward in participating in these boxes in the future as the originators allow.  I am incapable of feeling sorry for anyone else who was in the exact same position as I was, because I didn't feel sorry for myself.  

I say this in the nicest way possible - get over it 😉

Sorry, I didn't want to repeat so I'm just adding on to you if that's ok. 

I have been on BT for a few months, lucky to be on a TSB, glad to get hearts, made friends, etc. I'm ok with TSBs having certain standards because we're giving beauty items away that are of high value, it's like a JOB, the more experience you have on your resume the better and the more experiences you have with TSBs, the better because while in the perfect world, we'd LIKE to trust people, but we can't. So I'm FINE with the rules, so more people would be inclined to start one. And that's why we have VIB and Rouge boards! 

I probably don't deserve to be in a TSB because I'm in college, things go wrong in the mail room sometimes, I'm VIB, not Rogue and I'm not a HOF. (At time of writing) And we aren't bullying each other, there's probably some smart alec remarks, but that's because we're kinda being funny. And if you feel bad about not being in the criteria of being in a TSB, start your own or contribute because we are scared if people rob the box. 

TSBs intimidate me. I don't WANT to be in one until I get to be pretty high in the rankings/hearts, because I'd be afraid I'd mess it up somehow and ruin the good time I have on BT. If you want to get stuff for free like that, but don't want to wait, email companies and ask for samples. Then you don't have to worry about screwing up on your end. 

Amen! This TSB/Hearts controversy is ridiculous considering what is happening in the Ukraine.

@marydiva: "When there's backlash against Sephora, it's not Sephora that feels it - usually it's you ladies:

.... and Kevin, don't forget Kevin!

Really Kevin is the only active mod I have ever seen here!

I think that's because you (and I) are usually on in the late afternoon to wee hours of the morning PST - which I think must be Kevin's shift. He's stuck with the Ambien Walruses and Night Owls. 🙂 

Sorry Kevin! 😄 We love you too! 

Don't you DARE forget about Kevin!

He's a national treasure!!!!

@killahbabe….hahaha  a national treasure.  Love it!

Diana, 

I really feel for you and the other mods. When there's backlash against Sephora, it's not Sephora that feels it - usually it's you ladies who work BT. We really do love and respect you guys. That being said - many times when we are "policing" we are just trying to let newbies know about things like outside links in an attempt to be helpful and make everything go more smoothly. 

Thanks marydiva!  We help out on the boards but do not actually RUN the boards which is where I think is some confusion...  And again, this is the same reminder post I do every few months here on BT - not a new rule and it's simply just a "please be nice to each other". 🙂 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

This is true. However. I know I will be shopping from Sephora MUCH MUCH less than I use to. They have their name on this, so every bad taste I get from the people who run it, reflects on them. Thus today no shopping will be done there from me. 

Suggestion: You should make a rules thread a must read when someone first signs up (like a prompt, not the legal mumbo jumbo, but a quick bullet pointed thread with the basics that people will actually read and not just hit 'agree'). That way other members don't have to constantly wear the mod hat, newbies will know what they can and can't do. I know personally I didn't know about rules until someone pointed it out (or a mod deleted a comment I made then told me why).

Yes, please make board rules clear and easily available for new members.  I think having it be something easy to read when they first show up would be great. 

And if you update the rules would you include a suggestion not to post the same question in more than one location?  It doesn't help you get more useful answers.  Easy to understand rules and places to find info on the boards would be great.  (A note saying to post card/points issues in the Customer Service forum wouldn't hurt, either.)

Excellent suggestions! Maybe a Welcome email from BT could lists the rules and guidelines but also suggest searching for information and posting questions thay also includes pertinent information. If I ever got one, I don't remember it.

Great suggestion sp2001! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

A link to the guidelines on the main page would be useful.

I also very much agree with this. 

This will be one of those suggestions that are forwarded to the appropriate department and it would take to much to implement. 

Well, I have thought about what I wanted to say.. It is all going to kind of come out as a ramble as I remember what I wanted to say..

First off. I hate a threat. And this is, a threat.

Two, YOU Sephora, mods whoever. Made all of this "bullying" and assumed bullying, and box rule making possible. 

I have never seen another board make such labels, and Heart by doing so YOU in fact are the one singling out who is new and who is old. Leading people to make assumptions. 

If you did NOT want people to be more valued than others, or make it known that they were of a higher status, you would not have all the rankings. To me that shows you very much think who has been here longer, post more, and have more hearts ARE more important. 

Dont get me wrong when I first got here I wanted as many hearts as I could, so I felt like I would belong with the crowd. I can only assume other girls do as well. 

I have lost my train of thought.. But there that is for now. 

11 Replies
testing