Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Refund No Reciept

My friends bought me two Dior makeup products from Sephora for my birthday and I want to return them because I don't need them. I don't have the reciept and I know that I can only get store credit without a reciept. I am not 18 yet and I don't have a state I.D. I read that you need photo I.D. Do you think that my highschool I.D. would work?

Hi krabs. As mentioned, a valid ID is required for a retu...

Hi krabs. As mentioned, a valid ID is required for a return without a receipt. I would also recommend speaking with the friend who gave you the gift and calling the store directly for more information.

XO,
Olivia

Unfortunately, you'd have to use a state issued ID. If possible, could you ask your friend to return or exchange them for you? If not, then get a parent to go with you. They scan the state issued photo id (ID card or License) in order to issue returns without a receipt in order to keep track of the number of returns a customer does without a receipt. Also, I'd advise you to contact the store location and talk to the manager and see if they'll be willing to issue you store credit. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

FYI, They started scanning ID cards a few years ago to limit people from abusing their generous return policy. Actually, many department stores also do this. If you make too many returns without a receipt they can actually ban you for a certain period of time from making returns by flagging you as an abusive return customer.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing