Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Received USED AND EMPTY product

My sister gifted me a drunk elephant sukari baby facial bottle for my birthday recently. She ordered online and when I received it, the box was brand spanking new, but the bottle had CLEARLY been used. When I went to exchange it for a new one today in stores, the employee who helped me opened the bottle and found that it was EMPTY! 

I was already furious that they would send a CLEARLY USED bottle, but now to find out that it was actually empty...it's unhygienic (especially now that we're in a pandemic) and just unprofessional on Sephora's part. Where is the quality control? To put it simply, I feel SCAMMED. Be warned, paying $80 for a product will NOT guarantee you a new and unused bottle. 

In addition, when I went to return it in stores, I felt that the employee that helped me was insinuating that I was the one who used up the bottle and went to return it to get a "freebie." She said, "I can only accommodate it this one time." Okay, like it is my fault that I received a used and empty product?

Ugh, I am getting worked up again just from writing this! 

Usually, I have no problems with Sephora. But this experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth. There needs to be some sort of quality control so that no one else should have to deal with this kind of upset. Sephora, please do better. Until then, I will go elsewhere for my makeup/skincare needs. 

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL #QUALITYCONTROL

Re: Received USED AND EMPTY product

Hi @mershhhhh,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience.  I will send you aw private message.

Best Wishes,

Janean

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing