From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Online purchase refund on store merchandise credit?

I bought Faded Topicals online and I was sent an open, used tube. I returned it in store and was told that since it was over the 30 days (I hardly ever am near a Sephora) I would be given a gift card, which I was fine with but I just went to make an online purchase and realized that what they gave me was actually a store merchandise credit and I can't use it online. If they had been honest about the type of refund I was getting I probably would have just used it up that day.

It's too much of a hassle to go to Sephora in person, my local store is very hit or miss with in stock products. I also have purchased far too many items recently that were already open, with a couple being used. I usually eat the cost because it's not worth the hassle of shipping the items back or taking time to go to a physical store. I also wanted to purchase online to get the deals where you spend a certain amount and get a trial size product, and samples with orders. 

I really want to use up this credit before the free shipping ends, at this point I just want to use up the credit and cash in on my rewards points because I generally only purchase the Ordinary and the Inkey List products and can get them more conveniently, and sealed/unused elsewhere. How can I use this card online?

Re: Online purchase refund on store merchandise credit?

@Cathy272 I'm so sorry for the confusion. Store merchandise credits can only be redeemed in store. 

Re: Online purchase refund on store merchandise credit?

For an online purchase, I should be able to use my refund online. And when a Sephora employee says they are giving me a gift card, not store merchandise card, then Sephora should honor that. I don't want to purchase in store, too many of the products are open and used.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing