Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Oddity on BIC

So while posting this morning I noticed some people have been changed to Rookie I status although I know they've been around for a while and have leveled up. My example has @keana1 and @ather 

Capture.PNG

@TeamBIC is this a glitch?

Are other people seeing this or just me?

Re: Oddity on BIC

Hi all!

Sorry for the trouble! Updates have been shared by KatieBT in the BIC Feedback Thread here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/4804536

Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie 

Oddity on BIC

same thing has happened to me! @ShortErica

Oh no @RiniVe! It seems to be affecting lots of people. I know there were updates posted in another thread but I believe they are still working with their IT team to correct them back.

Oddity on BIC

This just happened to me, too! I came back from vacation demoted to rookie I. Thank you for pointing this out, @ShortErica!

Not you too @curlychiquita! There are so many familiar faces that this has happened to - boo!

@ShortErica thanks for posting this... I was super weirded out seeing this too! Seems as though it is only when posting though, because my profile shows me as a Rookie III. Profiles for @keana1 and @ather both show them as Rookie II currently... although it seems like they should be higher than that compared to me, based on their number of posts and reviews (although honestly I have never really understood how this stuff works really).

@sockmagnet I forget what those two were leveled at prior to the glitch but definitely not Rookies. Sephora is aware and hopefully it will be fixed soon. I dont know the magic formula to level up though others have made guesses. Glad I was able to verify you weren't going crazy. It is interesting your level is different on your profile vs when you post.

@ShortErica yeah pretty sure they were at least at the same level as you, but it's not like any of us notes that stuff down (I can't even remember what my level was, though I want to say it was only at Rookie II before). Such a weird glitch!!! Also probably kind of annoying for people since it takes so long to 'level-up' as it were. 

@sockmagnet yep, the leveling thing is odd. I can see it being frustrating for sure.

Hi @ShortErica - thanks for reporting this issue! We have shared an update here in the BIC feedback thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/4804536

You're welcome @KatieBT. Thanks for the update.

I've also been demoted from Rising Star III status.  

It's not only you.

@ShortErica 

@l8totheparty it hasn't affected me. But when I replied to @ather this morning, I noticed it for both her account and @keana1. Later I noticed many others as well. Because it's so random, I want to solve the mystery!

@ShortErica Looks like I’ve been demoted also ! They’ve also modified my rouge status many times before but they resolved this problem without having to notify anyone. This might be the same case with the Rookie I status.

It's weird. Hope they resolve it and get everyone back to their levels @keana1!

Me too @ShortErica ! I’m glad that they didn’t change your status! I’ll check out the reviews section in the app and see if my status changed or remained the same and I’ll get back to you! 

@keana1 thanks, I'm just more curious about it than anything. I'm not a programmer but do a bit of coding so I'm wondering how this happened and especially the randomness of it.

@ShortErica Everything in the review section is fine ! But I noticed that the conversation cloud appears  when I use the website The conversation cloud ( the black circle ) wasn’t there yesterday so they did make some modifications!The conversation cloud ( the black circle ) wasn’t there yesterday so they did make some modifications!

That's interesting @keana1. So definitely some change they made seems to have also messed with people's levels. Hmm..

@ShortErica I hope that they’re able to resolve this issue but I’m not very good with programming ( I took a Fortran course in 1986 ! and I don’t even know how to use Excel 🙄 ) and I hate Windows 10 🤢 so much that I don’t even use my laptop anymore! Next time, it’s going to be a MacBook ! Did you call Sephora customer service to let them know about this glitch? 

Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 47 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos6
  • Capture.PNG
  • C1F63C16-2F4B-4BCB-8303-1B77217025D0.jpeg
  • Capture1.PNG
  • Capture3.PNG
  • C54A89D6-56A6-4891-A677-C724E3A5C35A.jpeg
  • The conversation cloud ( the black circle ) wasn’t there yesterday so they did make some modifications!
testing