Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

NEW blendSMART Handle Design

The blendSMART Top 4 designs have been chosen! Let us know what you think of the designs & which you would like to see at Sephora! Vote on our Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/blendsmart/

Design details

1) Elegant and feminine pattern based on geometrical shapes and modern metal reflections 

2) Feminine "space" graphic. 

3) Geometrical and modern look. 

4) Mini makeup pattern with a pink gradient effect. 

Thank you to all the artists who entered!💕

123.jpg

Re: NEW blendSMART Handle Design

@BlendSmart

I prefer the second one, too!  

I was unfamiliar with this brand, but just read about the concept and these sound really cool!

***Also, for what it's worth, from a marketing standpoint, it isn't necessary to describe the design of any of the brushes as "feminine."  The brushes could simply be descibed as  "Modern Metal Reflections" or "Space Graphic" (maybe even "galactic").  Just my opinion... 😊

What a fascinating discourse on the word "feminine".

(I'm also with you...I could have done without it.)

I always equate brushes or products that depend on graphic design to lure a sale, versus standing behind the quality of their product, far inferior.

Also, I prefer to think of my brushes as tools. I don't need a pink-w-hearts-and-flowers screwdriver.

@BlendSmart I agree the "feminine" wording is unnecessary. When I first saw that I did a double take.. I don't have IG. I like designs 1 and 2, but for what it's worth I would shy away from 1 with feminine in the description because as a consumer it is off-putting. 

I do see your reply, and appreciate that you're trying to stay true to the artists.

I'm poking the bear here, all theoretical: Where is the line of staying true to the artist by including their interpretation, or letting consumers form their own opinions/interpretations of art? When I look at 1- I like the print and don't think feminine, but when I'm told to think that way I dislike the identity I feel with it and it doesn't resonate well with me. 

@CC3616 - I agree with you.  When I saw the brushes, my reaction was positive, but when I read "feminine" in the descriptions, I was immediately turned off.  Don't to tell me what is or is not feminine and just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I want feminine-looking products.

@BlendSmart - I don't have IG; I like #3.  I love the modern look.

Hi @Tamara76! Thank you for the feedback, we really do appreciate it!

We agree that "feminine" is not necessary in the description, however we are honoring the artist's interpretation of their design 🙂 

Got it! Thanks!  

I appreciate the explanation as I wasn't familiar with the background on this - Did you commission artists or was this an open contest for people to submit their designs?

Of course! We held an open contest where artists from all over the world were allowed to submit designs. The winner will receive prize money & the new limited edition blendSMART. 

I voted on Instagram! I think 3 looks the best 🙂 I love geometrical prints, especially when they're with soft feminine colors!

I don't have IG to vote but I love the 2nd and 3rd one.  Would prefer to see the 3rd one in a different color. 🙂

I like the second!

I really like the second one!!

The second one for sure! (I don't use instagram)

Thank you for the feedback! We are so excited for these limited edition blendSMART's 🙂 

I second the second one!  🙂

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 123.jpg
testing