Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Lost all my points as of Jan 2020

I treated myself to some new Fenty on January 21, 2020. I HAD over 900pts ..nope all gone. No email, no notification no nothing about a glitch, update, or anything. I've been saving for years, this really hurt since I've been such a loyal customer. I called customer service to complain and the kind rep "gave" me 200pts "back" ...this really hurt Sephora...

Re: Lost all my points as of Jan 2020

Another one checking in :(. Just went to spend points on rewards and saw I lost everything except from a purchase last week. I had no idea I needed to keep account active and was laid off last year so really watching my spending. Losing nearly 1000 points I spent years accumulating was a real gut punch. I know other companies put moratoriums on point expirations during covid so it’s a real shame Sephora chose not to. Really upsetting!

@maryprej I will look into this for you and send you a PM.

That happened to me too. I was saving up and then Covid so I didn’t get in the store. I had 1000. At least Nordstrom rewards never die. 

Hi @Zuzinni,

I'll be happy to check on this and I'll send you a message shortly.

Best,

Laurie

The same thing happened to me! I'd been saving up for years, only using them here and there, since they never expired previously. I lost 782 points!? With zero warning. The items you'd get in the points bazaar were sample sizes, which was great for trying new products but could not have been costing Sephora that much. What a terrible idea--and during a pandemic when people were not out shopping, with no email warning that points would expire soon. The points system always made me exclusively loyal to Sephora but now, what's the point of going there instead of Amazon, Ulta, etc?

Hi @EmilyWunder,

I will send you a private message.

Best Wishes,

Janean

The same thing happened to me. All my points are gone. Very disappointing. I was loyal to Sephora over Ulta, but this makes me not want to shop here anymore.

The same thing happened to me.  I had 2000 points and they all disappeared on Jan 1, 2021.  When I called customer service they said their policy changed in December 2020.  It is infuriating and terrible customer service.  They sell very little that cannot be purchased elsewhere and I just resolved to never shop there again.  

Hi @SueNaples,

I will send you a private message.

Best Wishes,

Janean

This happened to me too. I have been saving up my points for years and years and managed to get up to 1800. I just logged on to buy a bunch of new products, and they have all disappeared. I cannot believe that no notice was given that this was going to happen—that seems unacceptable, and it makes me not want to make purchases here.

Hi @EmilyCee90,

I'm happy to take a look further and I'll send you a message.

Best,

Laurie

The same thing happened to me! I had a little over 600 points. I haven’t gone to the store or anything in so long due to pandemic so I was extremely upset to find my points just gone. At least send an email or something? I’ve never heard of this rule! 

Hi @yazminbb,

Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

This also happened to me. So disappointing as I had about 500 points I had been saving up to use for a while as I had read that they never expire. Imagine my surprise when I went to try to use them today and *poof* there were 0 points left. Is there a way to get these points back? I, like others, was not shopping for makeup due to the pandemic and now that I'm able to again, it was such a hit to see 0 points in my account...

Hi @teiteitei101,

I'm sorry for the trouble! Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase, or redeeming a reward, or the birthday gift. I'll take a look in more detail and I'll send you a message.

Best,

Laurie

This was so disappointing, lost 724 points I've been saving. Can this be reversed? 

Hi @zoefraser,

I'll be happy to look into this further and I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie

Lost mine I had been saving too! Was excited to purchase something and use my points as well and they are all gone so now I’m debating buying anything. Sad day😞 

Hi @ciaralb,

Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,

Danee

I just noticed that I've lost all my 2115 points that I've been saving for years. I think it's a bit unfair for the points to expire within the 12 months point given the pandemic. I was not able to make any purchase last year due to being laid off due to the pandemic. Purchasing makeup was the last thing in my mind while I had to pay other bills and rent. I don't recall receiving an email about my points are going to expire if I don't make a purchase which sucks even more. 

95 Replies
Conversation Stats