Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Just placed my last Sephora order

Wow, I have been a @rouge member forever, but this latest @15% off scam (spent $75 today get 15% off later) has me done w this company. Used the last of my pts to gather up a discount and placed my last order. As women we need to do business with ethical companies who aren’t trying to trick us, or use bait and switch techniques. I absolutely purchased over $80 in product but since I used points to take $10 Off during checkout, they said I didn’t qualify. I had to reach out to customer service twice and they finally offered me 15% off but only if I were to call in to place an order by the end of the day. Do you know what? I spend a lot of money here and I shouldn’t have to work this hard to get your promotions, no one should. So I am  moving on to companies with honest marketing practices. Peace out Sephora! 

Re: Just placed my last Sephora order

If you return anything, they screw you over again. I am no longer shopping at Sephora. We spend thousands of dollars to get those points and they play us. I'm over it. They want to nickle and dime good customers. It's shameful

I agree, the rewards are minimal, and the hoops one has to jump through are a bit too much for me.  I don't wanna have to read the fine print to shop somewhere.  I enjoy the freebies like the promo codes and rewards bazaar.  obviously, I still shop here, since I'm rouge.

yes, no one's "forcing anyone to shop here" but everyone's money is the same, and I think all customers deserve to be heard, since every customer is different, and has different preferences, and ignoring said customers is how you lose business.

Right, but money talks. At the end of the day, Sephora cares more about sales than random customer service complaints no matter how much we'd like to think they care more about customer satisfaction. If someone truly isn't happy, they should take their dollars elsewhere until changes are made. That's what corporate would notice. (And note, this is not a knock against our Mods and CS officials who all do amazing jobs at trying to take care of us and issues that arise. Just a general statement about how capitalism works in general.)

Unfortunately this was in the fine print—it said that this could not be used in conjunction with other promotions or rewards so using points to take $10 during checkout made you ineligible for the promotion. that’s why it pays to read the fine print.

Fine Print:

*One-time offer valid for Beauty Insider members who make a single merchandise purchase of at least $75 between 12:01am PT on 8/27/20 and 11:59pm PT on 9/7/20 in Sephora US stores, Sephora Canada stores, Sephora inside JCPenney stores, on sephora.com, or on sephora.ca. 15% discount offer will be valid from 12:01am PT on 9/17/20 through 11:59pm PT on 9/21/20 in Sephora US and Canada stores, Sephora inside JCPenney stores, on sephora.com, or sephora.ca. 15% discount offer will also be sent to the email address associated with the Beauty Insider member by no later than 9/17/20. Offers are not valid on jcp.com or Instagram Checkout. Not valid on Dyson, The Ordinary, or MAC Cosmetics Viva Glam products, NUDESTIX Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitizer Gel, purchases of in-store services, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards, FLASH, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, shipping & handling charges, or on orders shipping outside the US or Canada. Clients are limited to the purchase of 5 Morphe items per SKU per transaction. Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Offer valid for one-time use only. Sephora is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen offer materials. Promotion offer has no cash value and may not be altered, bartered, sold, or transferred. Due to heavy demand, Sephora FLASH delivery times cannot be guaranteed for this promotion. Cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers or rewards. Cannot be used in conjunction with Beauty Insider Cash. Sephora and JCPenney employees are not eligible for this offer. Sephora, in its sole discretion, may refuse to redeem or may invalidate any promotion code or offer that it believes in good faith to be fraudulently or improperly obtained, including, but not limited to, through third party sites, and/or that has not been redeemed by the intended recipient of the promotion code or offer. Sephora may modify or cancel offer at its sole discretion.

@samanthasmom  @productjunky45  Actually, the relevant part of the offer terms is this line: "Cannot be used in conjunction with Beauty Insider Cash." The 500 points -> $10 isn't a reward, it's specifically called Beauty Insider Cash.

So... yep, it was covered in the terms after all, and it does indeed pay to read the fine print. As long as the terms were printed on (or below) the promo ad, or the ad contained a direct link to the terms, there's no valid FTC complaint here. 

Always read the offer terms, folks. 🙂

@productjunky45 i agree on most things you said.

Though, you dont have to completly drop Sephora, just buy what you need or want when you want and thats it.

As a business, they do all they can to tempt people, its all business tactics.

Something that i really disagree with is that we cant stack deals and promos.

Idc what anyone would say, if there's more than 1 deal available at the same time and that we are eligible for them, we shouldnt have to make 2 different transactions to get them. 

Of course we dont have to do anything, but Sephora "plays" too much.

Thats my op, thank you. Em out.

@productjunky45  Do you still have a copy of the original promo ad(s) for this offer? If yes: are there any offer disclosures or terms stated on the ad (or perhaps a link where you can read the full offer terms)? 

If the offer terms don't mention that points conversion cash (like the 500 pts -> $10 off) don't count toward the $75 minimum spend, then you may have a valid offer disclosure violation complaint to lodge against Sephora. By "valid," I mean you could report this to the Federal Trade Commission (if you're in the US)—but you'd have to include evidence such as a copy of the full promo ad: the full promo email, a screenshot of the entire promo web page if available, etc. I feel kinda bad about bringing this up because I don't hate Sephora. But any retailer should know better than to exclude this kind of info from their offer terms. Of course, if this IS stated in the terms, then you won't have much of a case... eh, you could claim Sephora covered it explicitly in their full terms, but not in the offer disclosure (the short 1-3 line blurb of terms usually shown on ads), if that's true. 

Sorry this happened to you. 

I hear you. Not dropping Sephora altogether, but am tired of their rewards not operating properly. Just because their DEI is in the 19th century doesn't mean their technology can't join the 21st century. IJS. Chin-up @productjunky45 and best of shopping luck wherever you land. 

As for me, I went in store and made a purchase and received a card with the 15% reward for future purchase, which had a code on front to use online or a barcode if you came back in the store. I tried several times using online, but said it was invalid. I looked and the code under the barcode had two letters transposed from what was printed on the front for online use. When I entered the new code online - it worked - but said I didn't qualify. By this point too frustrated to make the purchase. Not like I NEED anything, so left items in my cart. This also occurred after I used 2500 points for a $100 reward that I was told was probably going to my junk mail folder (it wasn't/didn't) and it took several times emailing CS for me to finally receive it almost a month after requesting the reward. 

Sephora admin/mod/CS if you're reading this - PLEASE focus on training, feedback, course correction to improve your technology game, test access in various scenarios, proofread materials (twice) and random test for accuracy. It ruins passive sales strategies to have customers call/email (and staff/reps respond) on something that if done right could be completely automated. unlike @quspork - I think it's more than just being appreciative of getting a discount. These little frustrations eat away at the Community I think Sephora is trying to build. My 2 Cents. For the record - I've been Rouge sense God was a child; and usually make Rouge 2x - 3x over and not as an influencer or other money making endeavor. I am plain ole me and someone Sephora should be targeting: POC w/ advanced education, two-person/two-income household over $300k, i.e., shopaholic w/ significant disposable income, passport-holding traveller (when possible), and a Tipping Point Maven archetype (Google it 🙂 hehe)

It's not just about discounts, @divaindenial. It's also the quality of products and service that keeps me loyal. I've received amazing customer service from Sephora over the years. I'm sorry you haven't had the same experience.

Pretty sure my comment was focused on the technology not working.

I was responding directly to the sentence in which you tagged me... @divaindenial 

OK - good for you.

If you don't like a reward, no one is forcing you to use it, @productjunky45. I'm glad to see that Sephora is branching out into other options allowing points for money off or discounts on purchases. 

My point is it’s not actually a reward if they don’t give it to you, it doesn’t work, or you have to chase it down. Look up 15% off and you will see how many disappointed Rouge/VIB users commenting that they never got it. Everyone loves a reward, if there actually IS one.   

@productjunky45 And anyone who didn't receive the code automatically under that promotion was helped once they contacted customer service... Sure, screw ups happen, but they happen everywhere. People have to contact customer service for assistance with promotions with every retailer. 

The bottom line is these are all rewards. Sephora doesn't have to give us anything. They don't have to offer any samples, any promo codes, any discounts, or any rewards. But they do to stay competitive. Is there always room for improvement? Sure. That doesn't negate the fact that Sephora is currently offering a variety of ways you can choose to spend your money and points. 🤷

And I don’t HAVE to be loyal to a company that uses manipulative marketing tactics.  The reason all of us are willing to pay full price with the exception of a couple of 15-20% off promos per year is because Of the rewards program and customer service, neither of which are what they used to be.  To each their own, I’m glad you enjoy being a loyal customer. 

Right, no one's forcing you to be loyal, @productjunky45 or to shop here at all. 

@quspork Boss person, you maybe could chill a bit, people vents every now and then, i did recently and got told by someone just like you 😂😂😂 and didnt care.

This "No one is forcing you to do anything" is really a cheap and useless comment. 

Im going to chill now 😇😇😇

🤨 You make fun of my status here and then call my comments cheap and useless? K. Enjoy your chilling, @Emy10.

@quspork my comment wasnt meant to be taken this serious! Please calm down, im sorry 😕😕😕

23 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 62 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing