Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

In Case You Didn’t Know

So when I finally became part of the rouge tier after many months and over a thousand or more dollars spent, I looked around and honestly didn’t see all that many benefits. 

Except for 1. The $100 Sephora gift card reward which I knew from past experience you have to put it in your cart and check out super fast or it gets taken out of your cart and sold in the absolute blink of an eye. There’s no time to read anything. 

So, I buy the Huda Beauty Empowered palette, afraid that it’ll sell out and I won’t be able to get my hands on it. And it shows that I have a remaining balance of $33 and later on that day as I think about buying something more as a second purchase on that day it says I have a remaining $33. The next day “The remaining $33 is gone. 

I contact Sephora customer service and get enraged when they say that when I purchased the gift card at check out it says I have to use ALL of it at the same time or it gets forfeited. 

I didn’t have TIME to read the details as I would have lost the opportunity to buy the gift card. Like I did a week or two before. 

All I remember it saying was that the gift card was good for 90 days. How do MOST gift cards work Sephora? Do you have to use all the money on a VISA gift card when you buy it? No, you do not. What kind of shiesty system do you run where your loyal customers get punished for wanting to save some for later? Of which I have been a loyal customer since I was 19, I am now 40. And I SEE now what decades of loyalty MEANS to you. I see you girl, with that mean mug of yours just collecting your “coin” like the female McScrooge Duck. I see you for who you really are. 

And who am I REALLY putting out if I don’t use the entire $100 in one single purchase? You made 10 BILLION DOLLARS in 2021. And you ALSO don’t even send the 2 freebie rewards most of the time and you don’t even say “sorry” or even acknowledge it. AND you don’t do free makeovers anymore. AND when you send the two samples, you send them in a HUGE cardboard box. So, me retaining my measly $33 for another month or two before Xmas is going to BANKRUPT you? It’s just part of your brain washing tactic, making girls believe that it’s okay to spend $100 all at once. There’s nothing wrong with it. Like the evil female Obi-Wan Kenobi, “These are the lipsticks you’re looking for.” There is nothing wrong with being the type of person who tries to save for something better to come along during the holidays. But apparently you hate your customers. You don’t value them, you punish them. 

PS: Beauty content reviewers are on to you. They are starting to scale back and not but every new thing that comes along. And I have a feeling your sales are going to plummet, if you don’t start treating your customers the way they DESERVE to be treated. 

Sincerely, 

Erin Nicole Cochran

Customer of 21 years and now EX-customer. Ulta has a better reward system anyway and doesn’t expire. 

Re: In Case You Didn’t Know

@NiccisNarrative I'm sorry for the confusion. I will look into this for you and will send you a PM. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing