Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

If you had only $30 for anything in Sephora, what would you buy?

I received a $30 gift card to Sephora last week. I know it's not much. I can spend about $20 of my own money too. So I want to buy something really worth it. A staple. I am also new to makeup. I already have plenty of eye and lip products. Some of my favorite brands are Clinique, Bareminerals, Tarte, and Smashbox. So what should I spend with my $30????

Tags (1)

Re: If you had only $30 for anything in Sephora, what would you buy?

Oooh, what a tough question! In terms of beauty staples the first thing that would come to mind would be some type of foundation or BB/CC cream. If you can find one particular formula that suits you and that matches your skintone seamlessly, that is one of the best beauty investments you can make.

If you already own something of that nature, or aren't interested in such a product, I would say find an awesome bronzer and/or blush that works with your complexion. Although it's fun to experiment and try different things and have lots of colors, one HG bronzer or blush is really all you need. I really love benefit's boxed powders, which are $28. Hoola is my bronzer of choice, and they have many beautiful blush colors.

That is tough...  I would go with any skin care items that you might need.  Whether a moisturizer or foundation, you can't go wrong with those.  Since summer is coming, you might need a summer foundation/bb/cc cream.

Yeah this is a very tough question. Usually when I get gift cards I buy items from brands I've always wanted to try or a product that I've been eyeing for a while (if I can). 

I'd go one of two ways:

• Multiple product sampler to maximize bang for your buck and try as much as possible
  • Good skincare with SPF for the summer

For  $50 or less, here's my suggestions

Diorskin shimmer star-- one of the best highlighter in my opinion and it will last you a very long time

Sephora fragrance sampler---I love sephora fragrance samplers and here are the 3 samplers available in sephora stores right now...with these selection you can definitely find a staple fragrance you'll fall in love with! I got myself the marc jacobs daisy so fresh that sells for $78  for the sampler price of $50...aint that a deal?  and the triple points is just icing on the cake ;-)

For $30 or less

Too faced sweethearts perfect flush blush ($29) -- Very beautiful blush and the packaging is cute and feminine too

Nars blush/bronzer duo mini ($24) -- everyone's favorite!! the mini comes in orgasm/laguna but they also have a regular size with 4 other color combinations for I believe $41.

I've been eyeing the Too Faced Sweethearts blush for months! Is this crazy shimmery on skin?

This is quite possibly the most adorable blush ever!  It is shimmery but not like big glitter chunks, more like a pretty, subtle shimmer.  It's more appropriate for a nice glowy flush on your cheeks rather than nightclub shimmer and shine, if that's what you mean!  Also I think it's probably best for those with fair skin because on my light/medium skin the color is very subtle, but I tend to use it as a layering powder over cream blush or to blend out a higher pigmented powder blush.

That's exactly what I meant, thank you! Maybe I'll stop eyeing this soon and actually buy it Smiley Wink

Do it!  Dooooo eeeeeetttttt Smiley Very Happy

Lylysa did some swatches and head shots some time back in this old thread, we were squeeeing about that blush for about the first 3 pages or so.....

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Something-new-you-re-wanting-to-try/td-p/423333

Thanks for the link, fellow enabler! Smiley Tongue It does look stunning, those are some great swatches. I just learned I apparently need to be cleaning my UD Good Karma Brush with rubbing alcohol instead of brush shampoo as well... haha

That blush is to DIEEEEE FORRRR! I've been using it every day since getting it! I even layer it over other blush colors!

@Onomotopoeia9, awww, you're so sweet!

And to CrazeeRN, yeah, the UD brushes are made with recycled plastic and brush cleaning sprays eat away at the bristles. You can still use brush shampoo or a mild soap to wash them weekly, but for daily use, rubbing alcohol works fine!

Good to know, thanks! That blush will probably be enable-ing itself into my cart the next time I head to Sephora Smiley Wink

wow, that blush is nice! or maybe its just lylysa -- so pretty!

new thing to add to my list...

That blush took on a life of its own!

I would buy a NARS Lipstick, I have 2 already and feel like I can never have enough! No one does colors as well as NARS Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

wow you got all 3 fragrance sets? jealous Smiley Wink but i am only interested in the set with mini bottles Smiley Happy

I would spend it on a nice bb cream. Now with spring and summer around the corner I like something light on my face =). 

i'd purchase the nars radiant creamy concealer...its a makeup must-have!

a value or travel kit so you get a variety of the whole face in products

That is a hard question. I mean most pf the stuff at sephora cost over 30$. The only thing i can think of that cost less then 30$ is the     Sephora palettes

maybe face products or maybe a skin care kit of a sort or concealer depending on what you have in mind. travel size to start with because you have the eyes and the lips already covered. if you have $50 to work with a vaule kit might even be a do-able purchase. it's never too early to start taking care of the skin. especially since we are going into summer. I know there are a lot of things I regret with my skin and I'm in my mid twenties however having really pale skin & not wearing sunscreen when I should have starting 18 forward i started to notice sun damage on my face @ first I thought they were freckles now I am pretty sure they are sun damage.and again I'm only in my mid twenties. I regret not tending to it earlier

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I am going to get either a value kit of my favorite brand or translucent powder for my oily skin. Any suggestions???

Clinique has a few sets for under $30.

The Bold Eyes to Go set is sold on the sephora website for $28 with two mascaras, an eyeliner, and some eyeshadow.

They also have the High Impact Extreme Mascara set online for $24.50

Some of their skin care start-up sets are under $30 as well. 

I'm not that well acquainted with Clinique, so Idk how good these are, but I have tried one or two of their mascaras and have loved them. 

Smashbox has a $19 kit full of small sizes so you could try their products. 

I suggest looking around the site thoroughly  you can find some great stuff Smiley Happy

~We are all beautiful~

If I had a $30 gift card to Sephora, I would make a straight beeline for the sale section. I've found some pretty awesome things in there like the Tarte True Blood Palette for more than 50% off, some of the new Sephora brand eyeshadows, powder, blotting sheets, Kat Von D lipsticks and palettes, Bare Minerals, Urban Decay, Nails Inc, Nars, I can go on.  A few days ago I found some Illamasqua polishes on sale for $4 when they each retail for $17 each (in all of my freestanding and SiJCP stores). I picked up Viridian and I saw Raindrops and Pink Raindrops on sale and now I'm regretting not getting them because I felt I had polishes that were similar but they were not at all. They were $4 each and are highly sought after! I went back and they were gone Smiley Sad I wanted to cry and I kept facepalming.

Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • swfupload_6619288618207356266.jpg
  • swfupload_1450802234916975487.jpg
  • swfupload_5330730073390010187.jpg
  • sephora sampler 1.jpg
  • swfupload_4533550819013180214.jpg
  • swfupload_1960696689532504536.jpg
  • swfupload_9217382094700518412.jpg
  • s1475540-main-hero.jpg
  • s1520626-main-grid.jpg