Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

How does Sephora "sell out" of $50 gift cards? .

The newest reward today is a $50 gift card for 2000 points and within a few hours it's sold out. Seriously?! How ridiculous is that?

Re: How does Sephora "sell out" of $50 gift cards? .

Yea I get the whole limited quantity bit... I'm more pointing out the fact that it's not a Bite Beauty or Lancome product that has limited quantities.  Sephora is able to offer the gift card option for points.  They didn't "run out".  In our technology driven world, they knew exactly how fast these types of rewards go.  Beauty Insiders spend literally thousands of dollars to accumulate that many points.  Then to only allow 1000 Insiders to redeem is like dangling something that will never be attainable for the majority of people in the program.  There are significantly more than 1000 Insiders, and Sephora is a multi-million dollar company.   This behavior is kin to Wal-Mart only stoking 1 sale computer per store on Black Friday.  

Not cool Sephora.   Not cool.

I agree that they should and probably do have a very accurate account of who their customers are and how many points are floating around out there in need of redemption.  

It appears to be a marketing ploy and it's working. They play hunger games with us and we keep coming back (I'm sure they see a surge of customers) every Tuesday and Thursday morning.

We may not be thrilled about it but we're buying into it.  @LadyAlthea

Well, if they made up a batch of 1000 and had them written off as rewards (coupons) and not as actual cash in their system then that's how.  

As another posted, there were 1,000 gift cards which is a...

As another posted, there were 1,000 gift cards which is a large amount. Sephora is not going to give an unlimited amount of gift cards out. They were also released yesterday, not today.

Agreed with @Asche. Unfortunately quite limited quantitie...

Agreed with @Asche. Unfortunately there are quite limited quantities on most rewards. For that specific offer only a quantity of 1000 for the $50 gift cards were available overall, and upon that I think they released the day previous. I really wanted one as well and kept checking back often but still managed to miss getting it myself! However, @LadyAlthea, you can hold on to those points and I'm suresomething ofequal or even greater value will pop up in the future. Good luck to you! 😗

They usually only have a limited quantity available, so it's possible they were only giving out 20 gift cards and they all got snatched up quickly. There wasn't an endless supply of them up for grabs. 

All the rewards are only available in very limited quantities, and they go really fast!

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing