Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

How do you clean your makeup brushes?

I've been cleaning mine by dipping them in warm water and then putting some dove soap in my hand and twirling it around. Then I just rinse it out and repeat until it rinses clear. After that I twirl them on a towel and let them air dry. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions that might be more effective? I've also wondered about using a little baking soda to clean them.

Re: How do you clean your makeup brushes?

I too, love brushguards. There was a different post about washing/drying and I mentioned these. I was so happy when I saw them at my WalMart a few months ago. I bought three packs and I  haven't gone one time without washing my brushes and not using these! They really do help keep the shape of the brush when drying or when storing them. Smiley Happy

I also use the same technique as Brenna with washing them. Dawn and olive oil. Simple, simple for deep cleanings. Smiley Happy

For daily washings, I use a sanitary brush spray (sephora brand). Just kinda spray it on my brush after use and then wipe off excess makeup on a lint free cloth or napkin.

I'm with ivyxox on Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps!  I use the baby soap, though.  It contains organic coconut, olive, hemp and jojoba oils, tocopherol (vitamin E), citric acid as a mild preservative, and water.  

db.jpg

It works amazingly well on all my brushes--even getting all residues off of my lip brushes--and leaves them in fantastic condition.  I use this soap for a bunch of things, including cleaning my wood floors.  Plus, I love the company and their ethics.  I highly recommend trying it.

I'd be cautious about using baking soda.  I suspect it could be drying and could possible shorten the life of your brushes.

I use this as well. I find that it cleans better than anything I've tried. I've used this after using a brush cleaner and it gets out what some other products can't. And it lasts forever! It can be a bit of an investment upfront but it's well worth it. 

I use my leftover WEN from what won't come out of the pump, I add a little distilled water and shake it up and use that to clean my brushes. I love it! If I have been sick or something I always spray some alcohol on them to kill the germy - germs. It does not leave a residue on my brushes and I find there is no need to buy a separate cleaner and I feel like I use all of my product up.

Bar soap! it works great so far that I haven't felt the need to switch to anything else. I have de bronner's soap (which I use to make liquid soap) and mac's brush cleanser (which I never use....) too. I have tried dawn and olive oil, I don't feel like it makea much a difference and it's a lot more troublesome, but once in a which I use that with my natural hair brushes.

I too use the Beauty Blender sponge cleaner! It works so well! It has been very gentle with my brushes and gets all the residue out. I know it works cause every time I use it to clean my sponge it turns pink again with no makeup stains. I use the one with the pump though, I haven't tried the solid one yet...

I bought a brush shampoo from Sephora (the Sephora brand one which is great.) But I found that regular shampoo works just as good. I let them air-dry on a tissue and they're perfectly soft and back to normal. I do the same thing with my beauty blender. 

Same thing like u do Jana. Except i use Dawn Ultra- yep the dish detergent. Guerlain make up artist in Chicago downtown told me about it. Smiley Happy it's awesome and saves me money Smiley Happy 

I like the Sephora spray for daily quick cleaning and then the Sephora brush shampoo for weekly cleaning.  I can tell a difference in how well these products work.  My brushes are so much cleaner.

I use the Sephora brush shampoo with my Sigma brush cleaning glove Smiley Happy

How is that glove? I have been eyeing it but completely sure how to use it. 

i like to put a quarter size of baby shampoo on the back of my hand, wet the brush and swirl the brush in the the baby shampoo and rinse. i dry on paper towels after squeezing all the water out.

I use suave clarifying shampoo.  My gel liner brush is blonde colored, and it is the only thing that keeps it that color after using black liner!  As an added bonus, it is only $1 per bottle, and the bottle lasts over a year for me, even cleaning my brushes once a week.

I used to use the sephora brush cleaner, baby soap, or Philosophy's Purity... then I bought the solid beauty blender bar cleaner & it's changed my routine forever. My mac brushes (that have the white hairs) have never looked so clean. 

I wet the brush, twirl it in the bar, to get a lather, twirl it in the sink under warm water, rinse, squeeze, and swish it back & forth on a paper towel. Once I'm done with all my brushes, I do the swish again, then I turn on the bathroom dehumidifier for an hour or two. They are usually dry by morning. 

I do spot clean my brushes with alcohol & water after every use, which does help with the deep cleaning time. 

MAC brush cleaner for spot cleaning. Purity, Dove soap or baby shampoo for deep cleaning.  Now I would love to try the Beauty Blender solid!

I stick with dawn dish soap, warm water, and just a little bit of white vinegar when I am home. On the longer vacations I have taken- I love the Beauty Blender soid cleaner. Both methods work great for me.

I also use the Beauty blender bar soap AND liquid. Im scared to use dawn just so it doesnt dry out the brushes and i dont like to use shampoos/etc. I will definitely check out the MUFE and Sephora instant cleaning sprays for daily use.

Where can i find the brush guards in store?

Just saw them today at Walmart!

I basically do the same thing just with liquid hand soap.

I do the same. Maybe get a makeup brush soap or solution?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • upload_8123558889201971633.jpg
  • upload_5248685855638376383.jpg
  • db.jpg
  • brush_guard.jpg
  • parian-spirit-brush-cleaning-system.jpg
  • upload_1872837908737655681.jpg