Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

How Often Do You Log Onto Beauty Talk Now?

With the mixed reviews about the new forum layout, I was wondering if you've noticed your logging in habits changing?  

Maybe it is just me, but I have noticed that I am not logging in as much as I used to log in.  I have been busy with things going on, but I usually log on once a day. Lately, it has been over a few days since the last time I was online.  

I also noticed the online now counter.  I had no idea there were that many BT users.  I saw that two hundred and some were online one day!  Hi everyone!! lol.

Re: How Often Do You Log Onto Beauty Talk Now?

@bananachoox3-Your one of the good one's too,it's great when newbies catch on and can join inSmiley Happy We're glad your here too.

Thanks! I just love being on here. Everyone is extremely nice and this is just an overall great place to talk about makeup/skincare and tips, seeing everyone have different and helpful tips.

Same as before. Basically I go to my recent posts first to browse for new replies to the thread, then I go to the front page list view to see if there's any questions I can answer. I do my answer in batches, so once there are 3+ questions I want to answer, I log in and answer them all.

I hated it before they implemented the list view and was logging in less, but now I like the list view since it allows me to scan more questions easily for unanswered ones.

I think there's less emphasis on hearts now, since you can't see it underneath your icon in thread/posts/question anymore, just in profile. And I don't like the fact "+ <3" button only appears when you hover over a post.

I used to log on *a lot*, and I used to post a lot more threads. I dont remember the last time I made a new thread now...and I used to stick around for a bit too...I used to look up the items that are posted here as favorites and do some research and such on products that I saw in magazines/blogs but now when I log on its just for 5-10 minutes, just enough to respond to 2-3 threads and then Im offline again.

It was a lot more fun before. And now you cant even see the heart logo unless your mouse is pointed at that specific location....grrr

And I cant post a picture on this new forum to save my life.

The photos portion has changed a bit, now when I upload photos, they go directly to a Private album. I end up just moving the pics back to my Public album.

I am just not used to the new threading version of the posts! I feel like I check to make sure my reply is going in the right place in a thread, but it never fails that I hit reply off of the wrong person and my post is in a weird place! more than likely that will happen on this post too! Smiley Wink

I liked the old version where you hit reply and your post was last! (Or first - that's a good idea Lylysa)

It looks like we are all in the same boat.  The threaded replying is not on my good side.  I sometimes forget to check all the users I've replied to in a thread.  I feel like I'm trying to follow conversations here, there, and everywhere.  

But I love all you guys so at least log on to say "hey".LOL. Smiley Tongue

Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 111 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors