Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Hacked account - Sephora, fix your cybersecurity shortcomings.

I just want to let everyone know that it may be a good idea to change your Sephora.com email and password. Also, good idea to remove saved payment information as it is probably not safe on this website. I haven't logged into Sephora since I went Christmas shopping last year, but got an email a little while ago saying my Sephora.com email was changed. Calling customer support did fix the issue (apparently they changed my birthdate as well), but I googled "Sephora data breach" and Sephora has a pretty bad track record at cybersecurity regarding their customers information even as recently as mid-December 2021...that seems like a huge issue. I think it's time for some heightened account security features on Sephora.com since a quick social media search shows I'm just one of a LOT that have been hacked this week. 

To remove saved payment info: Go to Account > Payments & Credits. Beside your card, there's an Edit button. If you click that and scroll down, there's an option to delete your card just below the phone field.

I removed my addresses too because the fact that a hacker now has a current and previous address as well as my email and number doesn't sit right with me at all. I hope this saves some people from the trouble of fraudulent charges and account hacks. Take care everyone.

Re: Hacked account - Sephora, fix your cybersecurity shortcomings.

This just happened to me! I went to login today to find my info had changed. Checked my email

and someone had requested an email address change two days ago. Shipping addresses on the account were for a Sephora in San Francisco and a residential address in Portland Oregon. 

Hi @lpgoddess487,

I'm so sorry to hear this! I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie

Hi @felinegurl,

I am so sorry to hear about this and thank you for bringing this to our attention! I am glad to hear one of our representatives was able to help resolve the issue. We realize that our clients trust us to protect their personal information and we take that task seriously. If you notice anything unusual on your account in the future, please let us know right away so we can further assist you. I will also share this with the appropriate teams so they are aware. 

Regards,
Danee

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing