Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Gift Card not working

I received a Sephora gift card from my sister-in-law for Christmas in the amount of $50. When I went into the store last week to purchase products, I got up to the cash and was told the gift card could not be put through because it had not been activated. We called customer service and they advised nothing could be done because again, the card had not been activated and could not provide me with any type of solution whatsoever. We are now 6 months past Christmas and my sister-in-law no longer has the receipt to show the store proof of purchase. I am at a loss for what to do, but it would seem someone has benefited from this transaction and it most certainly wasn't me. HELP!

Re: Gift Card not working

Hi @lilbetbet,

I'll send you a PM to assist.

Always,

Danee

I received a gift card from Sephora and when I went to use it the clerk said that it's not activated.

It's been a year and my daughter has no receipt.  I see many people with the same problem, it's not

good business.

Hi @Tray1648,

I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM to request for more info.

Always,
Danee

I am having the exact same issue. I received the gift card as a gift last year and just got around to using it now. Doesnt work. Called the sephora hotline and it said the card isn't activated 

Hi @lorkahmm,

I am sorry about that! I will send you a private message.

Best Wishes,

Janean

I'm having a similar issue, but this is even more infuriating...

I received a couple gift cards recently that ARE valid, and I was going to make a large purchase on the Sephora website. The order was over $600. I plugged in the gift cards, and decided not to pull the trigger just yet, as it was a few days from my birthday, and I knew my mother bought me a gift card as well.

Trying to complete the purchase today, I re-entered my giftcards, and the site is now saying that the cards are invalid. I never used these cards. They never left my home office desk. Plugging them in to the Sephora site, and then having my session time out seemed to have devalued them, and I am now out $225 dollars. How can I fix this, Sephora?

Hi @RubyDoe,

I'm so sorry to hear about the issue with your Gift Cards! I will send you a PM to gather some information from you.

Always,
Danee

RE: Gift Card not working

I’m having the same issue right now, and getting the run around with Sephora CS. So frustrated!

I am having the same exact problem. I don't know what to do and it seems like I've been getting the run around with the customer service reps or pretty much saying that there's nothing that can be done.
Anonymous Insider

I am having a similar problem.  I purchased 3 gift cards for my sisters in December.  I don't think I gave my email at the time of purchase. Two of sisters had no problem with their cards but one.  I no longer have the receipt.  Does anyone know what I can do?

Hi @Anonymous,

I'll send you a private message requesting a bit more information to assist. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie

Hi @KirstenEmilio,

I am so sorry to hear this! I will send you a PM for further assistance with your gift card. 

Best,

Zakiya

Hi, I have the same problem. I don't know where to activate the gift card.

Hi @idonotknow,

I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a private message to help.

Always,
Danee

I am having the same problem. I received a $25 Sephora gift card for my birthday, but when I try to use it I'm told it's not activated. I didn't see any activation codes on the card and my friend no longer has the receipt. How do I activate my gift?

Hi @MsBank,

I am sorry to hear this! I will send you a PM for further assistance. 

Best,

Zakiya

My card keeps saying invalid as well

Spoiler
Gift Card not working.

Hello, I had the same problem presented here. I was given a Sephora Gift Card for my birthday 7 days ago. When I was making a purchase, I entered the card number and it's pin. I got a message saying the card had $0.00 in it. Before the purchase, I tried adding the card to Wallet on my phone but I recieved another message telling me the card had not been activated. I called customer service and was told the card had not been activated. When I asked how to do so, I was told money had to be put into the card. I don't know what to do and have been looking for a solution. Please help.

Hi @MoDaMo1

Sorry to hear about this experience! I'm sending you a PM to assist further. 

Bisous, 

Sian

I'm also having the same problem. My friend purchased a gift card for my birthday, but when I tried to purchase something at the store, they said it was not yet activated. I checked the receipt, and it looks like another card was activated instead. Please help!

@Jewels3866,

I am going to send you a message shortly.

❤️ Melissa
Conversation Stats
testing