Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support
Highlighted

Feedback regarding threads and hearts....

Heh, I just lost 40-50 hearts in the last 20 min, so either someone suddenly decided that they REALLY don't like me, or some threads I got really passionate on got deleted. Which reminded me of something:

- Can you please notify the original poster when a thread is closed or deleted? I know mods move threads around to appropriate sections, and recently have started to post a note about closed threads, but last time one of my thread was closed, it was done quietly and since I made the thread, I would like to be notified if it's closed.

- Can we/the poster please have the option to edit the title of the thread? I'm not sure how easy/difficult this would be, but it would be very much appreciated if we can have this option.

- Can we please please please have the subscription page somewhere obvious? It's almost impossible to find it. I subscribe to threads I'm interested in but it takes me ages to find the page where we manage our subscriptions. Perhaps put a little icon beside the PM on our side profile? or some link on our main profile page?

And the font color/size/ family still don't work. These options have been taunting me since the beginning of time. I would appreciate the option to make my posts pretty. Thanks!

Re: Feedback regarding threads and hearts....

I think I lost 2 hearts, but I'm not heartbroken, like your loss (bad pun).  Once when the site got worked on years ago, a whole bunch of us lost hearts, and I was devastated because I was at a heart milestone. The mods gave us back our hearts and all was well.

Yeah, my iPad that I used to check BT today morning showed 8020 and I got a couple hearts throughout the day, but I'm not heartbroken unless it's a couple thousand. But I wonder what kind of glitch would mess up the heart count? isn't it tied to the thread? but then again I also thought the order history/purchase/points are tied together but they are actually separate system. Anyways, that's feedback for another day.

I am serious about the subscription page and the font style thing tho. The unable to edit post title thing always reminds me of Kalex and her "Live Chat" thread, lol.

How do you find the subscriptions page? I have yet to be able to find it...

You have to go to edit your profile, then the subscription page, which make no sense since I don't need to edit, just to see my subscription. This link should work for you too, since you are logged into your account:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions

Thanks, that link took me right to it, now I'll just bookmark it Smiley Very Happy

I wonder if a person deletes their account (or their BT account gets blocked) their given hearts disappear too.... That could be a possible explanation for post hearts.

OR, a thread gets deleted and all the hearts within that thread are lost too.

It would make sense for thread deletion. As for user's account being deleted, how do we tell if an account is deleted? Some users I think just decided to stop coming, there's only one person who I PMed a lot that I think had her account deleted. I still have the PMs, but every single post she had made on the forum are all replaced with a "." and I don't think anyone would go through hundreds of posts to delete everything they ever wrote. Anyways, the contents were gone but the hearts still showed.

@lilyyy Yes, if a BT user requests to be removed from Beauty Talk then their posts, comments,threads and hearts disappear too Smiley Sad

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I also lost two hearts today somehow......and I had just reached 901!  Now I'm back to 899.  Where did they go?!!!!  Smiley Sad

Now you're back up to 900 again, I gave you some!

Awwwwwww ......thanks!  You guys are so sweet!  I'm disappointed over 2 hearts, but I can't imagine how 50 disappear.

I lost two hearts too Smiley Sad I didn't know if a thread was deleted, the hearts would be deducted. Wonder which one it was?

I gave you some more hearts, I can't figure out what got deleted either.

I'll give you guys more hearts! Smiley Happy

I lost a ton as well. Must have been a long thread that got deleted or something. Maybe that one from a few weeks ago where we all went crazy posting pictures. That would explain such a big drop. 

Oh well. I'm sure we'll get more hearts. Gave you another one. Smiley Happy 

Oh no!!! Now that you mention it, I think I lost a few as well! Oh well!! I am so sorry about that!!

Good feedback!!! I agree with it all!

Now that you mention it, I think I lost some as well, although I'm not sure of the exact amount. Interesting.

These are great points to bring up though. I didn't realize we could subscribe to threads.

I think #1 is a good idea but don't have strong feelings on the matter; would be a best practice though.

#2 and #3 seem VERY IMPORTANT to a well functioning, enjoyable, healthy forum!  I am amazed that both of these aren't already in place, and have noticed the issues that comes from this over and over.

Anyway, great job bringing these up BeautyTester!

I lost 2 hearts too Smiley Sad , a thread must have been deleted, I recently lost hearts because a couple of controversial threads I commented in were deleted.

Just logged on today and saw I lost almost 40 hearts...sucks but I think it's because threads get deleted. Oh well, climbing my way back to 500 Smiley Tongue

Haha, as long as another thread we are in don't get deleted, or else we would be forever stuck like this and never go up:

I didn't even know you could lose hearts!! Smiley Sad That stinks

Spoiler

I don't have any hearts. :-(

You gain hearts by answering/being helpful on questions that people ask and having fun chats with fellow BTers. Stay here long enough and I promise you will get them. I didn't intend to talk to anyone and wasn't trying to get hearts when I first joined, and I still reached double digit after a month or so.

53 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • upload_1350085453467863263.gif